Friday, June 11, 2010

My Garden of Delights....

Let me just say this once more....I LOVE MY NEW STUDIO!! Yesterday I spent most of the day in there. I was working on my design using scrapbook paper as my background. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the paper before I started working on it but unfortunately I didn't! So there are no "before" pictures but lots of "after" pictures.

Yesterday I showed you the very beginnings of my newest project in this photo....



I continued on with this piece adding more color....and a lot of black!



Then stepping back every once in awhile to see how it looked....


I kept adding and adding but finally I think it's finished....



Here are some close-ups of different sections. I love these flower/pod shapes....



I had so much trouble trying to get the colors to come out right in these photos. This next one seems faded in comparison to what it looks like in real life....



I love the richness of this next section....



If I have one complaint about this piece it's that string of golden circles there at the top of the next picture. I don't like the flow of it!



Lastly, here are those flower/pods again. I am pleased with how this piece turned out. I named it Garden of Delights.



Here it is altogether....



Today I'm working on the collages for our swap so maybe no pictures tomorrow unless I get busy with something else. I have lots more scrapbooking paper so who knows....maybe I'll get inspired to do another one of these.

Whatever you do today, have some fun....

26 comments:

  1. I just love this Janet. What a good idea working on scrapbook paper (wrapping paper would be good too). Your embellishments give it such LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet your art is so gorgeous, no wonder you like tucking yourself in your craft studio and working on it. The results are stunning
    jay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this might be my favorite of everything so far. I love the layers and depth that the designed scrapbook paper added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, love the way your page looks, and your art is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful piece Janet.
    May I ask how do you store these amazing works that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Janet, this is beautiful!! You are so good at drawing and doodling! Your color selection is so you with those purples and pinks! I could look at this for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece...that new studio is doing wonders for your artwork sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design, Janet. The colors work and the layout is appealing to audiences...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art is blossoming... so the garden of delights is an appropriate title for more than this post. It is beautiful! Love the graphic part of your papers, the layering and the color. Absolute joy to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be gorgeous fabric!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really pretty...I love your new studio - seems you are much more creative there...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Janet - this is gorgeous! I think it is my most favorite piece of your art so far. So many lovely, lovely details to look at.
    Sounds like your new studio is providing lots of inspiration.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. janet, I so love that look of yours. I am going to give it a try, I see you use sharpies....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet, lovely, just lovely. So much detail, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! These florals are gorgeous and nice job illustrating them! Your colouring is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  16. mridula6:05 AM

    beautiful, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it Janet.
    The colours and the shapes are beautiful. Ot would make a great fabric design.
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful beautiful Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is really beautiful! I love the vibrant colors and interesting shapes! Very nice! I think I see some lavender in there, too! ♥ I'm having a little giveaway...come by to enter! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looooooooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this weekend, I have been moving some of my art stuff down to Villa Maria.. we are painting the walls tomorrow.. pink & lime green walls & purple window frames

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun piece! So colourful and juicy! I love it.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous12:30 PM

    this is gorgeous! LOVE it!
    ~mol

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! It looks fantastic, Janet! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new studio ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!