Followers

Sunday, June 06, 2010

The On-going Studio Re-do!!!

Hi everyone....did you think I gave up on blogging? Nope, but I think I give up on ever moving my studio again! WHAT A JOB!!! And add in the fact that my back gives me trouble and it became a tremendous undertaking. I think I might need an undertaker by the time I finish!!

I had planned to show you my "after" photos either today or tomorrow but I think they might have to wait a bit longer. For one, I'm still not finished (!!) and two, I just found out about a show-me-your-studio project that I had to join. It's the 2nd annual "Where Bloggers Create" party on June 19th held at My Desert Cottage.




There are lots of great prizes and it's a perfect incentive for me to finally get this project finished!!!!

I will give you some tidbits of the progress though....


Poor HB had to do all the work on my studio before he could start on his!


He worked one entire day getting all my shelves up for me.


This is one of the shelves that runs around most of the top of the room. I'm using part of it for display and also for things I don't use every day.


Some of my "pretties"....gifts from other bloggers....on top of a bookcase.


One small shelf of mixed media books....


and more mixed media books.


Some of my products on the shelf above my work table....so convenient, at least I think it will be when I finally have some time to use them!


Empty boxes stacked outside the studio doors. It's still an ongoing project but I'm sure it will be finished by the 19th so be sure to stop back then to see it. Until then, I'll probably be scarce around Blogland.

Besides getting the studio finished there is lots of other stuff going on in my life that takes me away from the computer. Right now just seems to be an extra busy time. And my collage mail swap is coming to a close tomorrow so you only have one more day to join in. I'll be posting a list of the participants and sending out emails with your partners name and address on Tuesday afternoon or early evening. Until then, please don't forget about me....I know I haven't been a good blogger recently but I still love you all. And I MISS YOU!!!!!

20 comments:

  1. I want to see, I want to see!! :)

    Hope your back feels better - take lots of breaks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing...I love to see other people's studios and know they change them as much as I think I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor HB--all those shelves.
    Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know what a man is good for! ha ha ha ha

    I am looking forward at seeing your studio once you have everything moved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow from this it looks like a wonderful space. Can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your studio is coming along great. I really like the idea of the shelving running around the top of the room. LOL Poor HB. You've got him trained right! :) I asked my other half to hang a large mirror over a year ago. It isn't up yet! How'd you do that?

    Just to let you know, I have started a new blog. Wish me luck! I've been thinking about it for awhile, and decided to do it now so that I can have a place to post the trade you talked me into! So, maybe you gave me the jump start I needed! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that's great..we all love and need to see progress, right!

    you certainly claim the space as soon as all your pretty knickknacks start settling in on a shelf!

    have a fun time...it's a lot of work, but I'm thinking you'll love it when it's done!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love all those shelves!! And the built-in desk! What a handy guy you have on hand :) My husband is good that way, too. But haven't had him do a studio yet! Please post the after shots and hope your back straightens up :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're patient people; we'll be here when you return.
    After packing my art room/moving large furniture for a move to a new school building, I went to my chiropractor. I'm good as new~ hint-hint...with love...
    your studio looks fab so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am MIA myself, a lot going on,in a good way. I will be waiting to see all the new changes...Be careful with your back.
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. missing you too Janet but youre away in a good cause! I looked at your books... I have journal revolution too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the little sneak peaks of your new studio Janet! Very inspiring. I need to get my butt in gear to unpack mine. :)
    Much LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, looks like it will be a great space to create in. I can't wait to see the rest!
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Janet! Your studio is going to look great! I have got to get busy and work on mine. I have a plan but just have to get a little extra $ to put the plan in place.
    Oh, I am sending you e-mail as I would LOVE to be in your mail Art swap! Now you take care of your back and make HB do the hard stuff. LOL.
    Come by and visit me I am back in business with the blog world!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a job. What results! And you aren't even finished yet. Can wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looking good, thanks for telling us about the studio, I am jumping over there now to join.'

    ReplyDelete
  17. come by and have a peek at the beginnings of one of the 6x6'rs...

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an astounding spot! Oh, Janet -- you must be thrilled! Such a lot of work, but it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Swapping rooms was certainly a big undertaking, Janet, and I understand all too well the back problems. I had the same experience in recent months myself when I moved my studio into an area beside our lounge-room so my son could have the studio room for his bedroom. Rest up and take it easy. You will feel great once the job is completed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!