Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Daze....

It's Sunday and it's getting hot. I knew it was only a matter of time before my wonderful, pleasant, mild weather was a thing of the past. So maybe this will be a good day to stay inside and create something....other than chaos!

HB is completely engrossed in learning one of the programs he uses in his recording studio. He's having a difficult time of it. Kind of like me trying to learn PhotoShop on my own! So he's in his studio and I'm in mine and later today we'll come out and spend some time together watching a movie. Life is good!

Today I have a fun little piece to show you. I did this one on a 5" x 5" canvas.



This one started out with my usual splopping of paint! I used some light turquoise, yellow, and just a touch of red....applied with my favorite tool, the palette knife. Then some stamping, some bubble wrap, some scraps of paper, and fake writing.



Then I cut some leaf/petal shapes from yellow scrapbook paper and used turquoise ink to stamp some roses on all of them....you can't really see that in the photo. The edges are painted black and that's it! Summer Daze is the name I gave this one because it reminds me of a pinwheel and as a kid I usually had one in the summer. Watching it spin around put me in a daze!



This one will go on my etsy page later today. The link for that is over there on the right side of my blog.

Don't forget to let me know when you receive your collages for the swap. And also be sure to post pictures over on the flickr group. If you need the link for that group it's in the previous post just below this one. (I'm lazy today!)

Have a good day....and stay cool!

15 comments:

  1. Janet...I really love that paining, what a great job you did. Very cheerful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! i'm lovin' this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable !
    I know someone will snatch it up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Summer Daze and I love pinwheels!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a little kid. I totally had a "I have that paper!" moment of thinking ooooh wow look what I could do with it! You are always such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful beautiful janet, you did a great job on the canvas, it will be snatched up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet,
    Your "Summer Daze" is fabulous.
    Love how the colours go so well together!
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally got around to doing some blog hopping, I am so far behind. Your pinwheel made me laugh out loud..loved those things as a kid, and I still do! Glad you and HB had a nice anniversary. I also think it is cool that you both work all day in your spaces, then meet up in the evening. smiles..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one really catches my eye! Very beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Janet, its just full of life and spontaneity...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...your painting is gorgeous, Janet!! I'm sure it will sell quickly. The colours and design are perfect!

    Good luck to HB in getting the hang of the new program sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colour and shapes, and yes, it reminds me of a pinwheel too.
    hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Summer Daze. Brings back memories of my childhood as I always had a pinwheel or too. Love the colors. I want to come paint with you. I seem to have a creative block going right now. Too much weeding. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore pinwheels and I love this art piece! Absolutely Fabulous Jan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Janet -- it's beautiful and well named, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!