Sunday, July 04, 2010

Finally....I'm Back Online!

Whew! It's good to be back online! Thank you to everyone who commented on my very brief post from B&N!!

We blew out our modem and the ISP we use says that only their own modems are compatible with their system. So we had to have them mail one to us. We actually got it in the mail yesterday....surprise surprise! I figured it wouldn't get here until Tuesday because of the holiday. But it arrived late yesterday afternoon and then we had problems getting it hooked up right. For some reason the new one didn't want to work. After many looooong telephone conversations with a tech guy we finally got it going.

After all that techie stuff HB and I walked down to our local park last night....maybe a block away from our house....and listened to part of a concert by Lonestar and then had the most incredible view of the fireworks display. We decided at the last minute to walk down and get away from all the computer stuff so we didn't think we'd be able to find a good spot. We were just walking along the sidewalk area listening to the band. Then the fireworks display began.The set-up area was only about 200' from where we were standing and when the fireworks exploded they were right over our heads!!! It was the closest I've ever been to a fireworks display and it was beautiful. And I didn't have my camera!!!!!

*********************************************

On art news, my swap partner, Mridula who lives in India, received the collages so now I can show them here. These are the ones I did for the swap....


The Fortune Teller


Golden Daydreams

This was so much fun! I'm sure Lee and I will be doing more swaps so keep checking back.

And I've still been doing my little canvases. It was amazing how much art I got done while the computer was down!!! Here's one new piece I did....


Words

It says "the words, quietly spoken were nevertheless heard"....this is done on a 5" by 5" canvas and will be in my etsy shop later today.

This started out with some Golden's Fiber Paste. I had never used it before and I like the texture it produced....sort of like handmade paper. There are several layers of paint on this one, even some dimensional paints. Also some fiber tapes, pen and ink flowers and some fake writing, and finally the words clipped from an old book. I never know where a piece is going to go....I never plan out my art. I just let it happen the way it wants. This one took its time and for awhile I wasn't sure if it would ever reveal itself! Happily it did.

Enjoy the 4th if you're here in the US, and if not, then just enjoy your day whatever you're doing.

PS - I just added a button over there on the right side. It's for a "Got Girlfriends" art play. Just click on the button and it should take you to the site to get the info. This looks like fun!!!

18 comments:

  1. Glad your back Janet! I really like the colors and texture of the "words" art. Neat flowers too!
    Happy 4th :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet...great to see that you got your computer problem solved. We may run over to the lake tonight where they have a yearly fireworks display. Your collages turned out great!! And your canvas work looks packed with textures and color. Hmm, I have never heard about fiber paste. Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you...your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, the stencils you asked about were purchased from small studio production. they have a great line of stencils.

    sounds like you had a great time last night. I would like to see fireworks tonight, but I don't think I want to fight the crowds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE "the words, quietly spoken were nevertheless heard"....Also I'll watch for more trades.
    Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back Janet. I like both the collages you did for the swap. I am drawn more to the fortune teller, because of the red and turquoise combo I think. Nice little canvas too. We are off to the golf course to watch fireworks tonight. it's a high elevation so we can see them being shot off at the baseball diamond. We won't be directly under them like you were. I always have to record The Boston Pops to watch when we get home though!
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray...I'm glad you're back online after initial hassles setting up the new modem, Janet. How awesome that you were able to see the fireworks up close like that.....btw, I LOVE the collages and canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are all hooked up again, I hate when computers and connections don't behave. Your work is lovely as usual. I like "Words" the artwork really fits the words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back online Janet. Computers can be very frustrating at times.
    I love your collages and canvas. I like the textures you have achieved and the colours you have used. I just read about the fibre paste in a current edition of cloth, paper, scissors and was intrigued.
    I just love fireworks, makes the senses tingle.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray, Janet. Glad to see that you are up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Welcome back.
    Your collages and your mixed media piece are beautiful, as always.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss Janet! Glad to hear all is well with you. Those fireworks sounded awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I look forward to you being in my "Got Girlfriends?" hop around the blog-o-sphere. Join when you get a chance. My blog is always open! As usual, you art is A W E S O M E!
    Queen Bee

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have never heard of anyone blowing out a modem before :)

    lucky you getting to see a bit of Lonestar~i have three of their cd's

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that your back online (we need a little "distraction" from our art from time to time :)
    And you'll have to tell me how your etsy sales go. I'm thinking of starting one at the end of the year--but a little nervous about it.
    ALSO, I have the fiber paste, but haven't tried it yet--I like your results--when I have time, I'm going to experiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Music, fireworks, and art..sounds like you've had a great 4th weekend!
    Hope the rest of your week is just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gald to see you back online! Love the collages you made for the swap and that canvas piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely. my fave is the fortune teller.
    glad you got the internet sorted out, it's such a nuisance when it's out.yo

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely. my fave is the fortune teller.
    glad you got the internet sorted out, it's such a nuisance when it's out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!