Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's Swap Time Again....

Last month Lee and I co-hosted a collage swap. We had so much fun that we decided to co-host another swap. And this time it will be for two ATCs....one with the theme of summer and one with the theme of fashion.

If you would like to join our swap leave a comment saying you want to join, either here or on Lee's blog. You can sign up through July 31st, then on August 1st we will post your partner's name. You will then have three weeks to make the ATCs and get them to your partner by Aug 22.


This is an ATC I made back in January 2007.

We had a very good turnout for our first swap so I hope we have as many or more for this one. It's always so much nicer to get some art in the mail and not just bills and junk! So sign up and we'll partner you with someone and you can receive some beautiful art in the mail.


Another ATC I made in January 2007.

If you've never made an ATC you can find tons of information online:

Artist Trading Cards ....this site gives an over all history of ATCs including a gallery of pictures.

Art in Your Pocket....this site has information about techniques as well as all the basics.

How to Make Artist Trading Cards....information as well as a video.

There are also 1,310,000 results if you search Google images for artist trading cards.

And when I searched Flickr I found 179,019 results.

The only rule for ATCs is their size. They must be 2.5" x 3.5" and then anything goes! Just remember for this swap our themes are summer and fashion.


I made this ATC in February 2007.

With all that information I'm sure you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about ATCs....if you don't already know. So join us. Make some art. We kept things small for this swap so it won't take a lot of time to create.

Go ahead....add your name....you know you want to!

21 comments:

  1. Yay! Another fun swap! I am definitely in. The themes are fun...
    I'm not blogging this week but I'll tweet about the swap, to try and get other people to sign up.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the crow one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please count me in it sounds great!!!! I will pass the word around!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in this time, sounds like fun. I am in the mountains on a slow dial-up but will blog about this when I get home on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "because I said so" girl in the last post! Put me down for the ATC swap...sounds fun! I was making lots of ATCs for awhile and I forget about how much fun they are to make.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,

    Oh this sounds like fun but I think I will have to skip this one. I too love the crow one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll play.. but only if I can have you as my swap partner!

    Just joking!!! But I do LOVE your creations Janet!

    Yes! I would love to swap (with anyone!) It sounds so fun!

    Love and blessings to you dear!
    Katie

    (Now I'm off to design my cards!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm~ I'm already involved with a Journal Swap and the Sketchbook Project...Oh, for Heaven's sakes, I just can't stand it...Please throw my name in the pot, too. :-)
    I love ATC Swaps, and the themes are just too juicy to resist.
    Thank you, Janet!
    Whee~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, yes mam, Janet! Please add me to your fun swap. Oh, and go to my old blog for a link to the new. Miss You! Hope to post more and more. Wow,,I am actually doing some Art today and did some yesterday. Too hot outside,,
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet,
    You can count me in!
    Hm, summer and fashion-great subjects.
    Happy creating,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi JANET!

    I just got the email from Lee..and was on my way here anyways....

    okay...count me in AGAIN...it was so much fun the last time swapping art....these ATC's on summer and fashion sound great!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  12. so awesome. count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:36 PM

    I'm in!

    krissie @ winterwood

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK Janet I'll give it a try. I am new to this type of art but yup count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mother, Angelle, is signing up for this swap by way of me. ;-)
    Her blog is http://mamankoolaid.blogspot.com and you can use my email for communication.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm. I've got a couple days to figure out my timetables here. I am really close to saying Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh glad you are doing this!
    Yes I want to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like fun! I am not an artistic type, but for those who are creative, this is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will give it a try...I know it is going to be fun.
    Come look at our new Granddaughter, she is a little keeper!!! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janet, That crow ATC is a marvel. It really captures the spirit of a crow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to join in on your swap! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!