Friday, July 16, 2010

Yikes! What's With the Power?

What a time we had yesterday afternoon and evening! Above 100ยบ temps and the power kept going off and on. We had to shut down almost everything but we're some of the lucky ones in our area. On the east side of town there was flash flooding and farther west from where we are there are still thousands of customers without electricity! And we're expecting the same weather pattern for the next several days. So if you don't see me around very much over the next few days you'll know why!

I hope you'll stop back tomorrow to meet my "girlfriends" though. Queen Bee is having her Girlfriends day. You can see all about it over there on the right side of my blog. Just scroll down and then click on the button to learn all about it. I hope to see you there with your girlfriends. Mine are all ready and getting excited about their big day.

And because everything was so herky jerky yesterday I didn't get much art finished. But I have another one of my ladies to share with you. Again, this was done in 2003.



I don't know if it will show up (you can click on the picture) but I have a drapery sketched in on the right side of the picture. Not sure if I'll actually put it in or not. What do you think? When I look at this drawing I see reds and golds for her dress. So then what would I do with color for the drapery?

Ok, wish me luck today....I hope the power stays on and we don't melt away. I hope it's cooler wherever you are.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Janet!
    I do hope the weather is kind to you darling!!!! this drawing is so sweet! I love it...and as far as colouring it...well now...I think everything should be pink and green coloured! heheee....

    whatever you do, it will be grand, I know that because that's what always happens!!!!!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your swirly girl sketches. Oh, and I love the added turquoise on the orange piece from the other day. It's hotter than you know what here in TX...yesterday only 95 but heat index made it 105. Expecting more of the same, but we haven't had power outages..YET.

    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I'd know your ladies anywhere! She'd look great in red and gold.
    I hope the power stays on for you. It's very hot and humid here still, I wouldn't survive without the A/C. Especially since I get my own 'power surges'..if you know what I mean.lol
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janet, she's BEAUTIFUL!!! I think if you do the dress in those gorgeous reds and golds then that drapery can be a light yellow or beige. Keep the focus on the lady...Don't make the drapery to flashy!! Off to check out this girlfriends day you spoke of.

    P.s. Hope you don't lose any power! Ugh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about some Peach run into the yellow with a little bit of green, folk art style colors is what I am thinking of mostly here.

    Hopefully you won't have any more power outages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,

    I hope its cooler today or at least the power stays on. Its 97 here today yikes... too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the drawing, the reds and gold, and the hair so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great sense of color; just contrast the values for success.
    Hope those surges remain in the house's electrical circuits and not your inner circuits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just beautiful and will be gorgeous in any color you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet...I hope you don't have to do without power...maybe everyone is turning up their ACs. I love that sketch...are you going to translate it to canvas or just color it in the sketchbook? I like the jewel tones...deep reds, blues and greens mixed with gold. I would do the drapes a rich blue or green if the dress is red and gold.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous lady Janet! Red and gold souns lovely, very regal and it kind of befits her beauty. As for the drape- something muted but coordinated that doesn't distract from her. I'm sure you'll think of something. You always have such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love that lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet;
    SHe is gorgeous! I love the flow of her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!