Saturday, August 28, 2010

Finally....I Did Some Art!

My friend Mary sent me this link to a YouTube video that you just have to see! This is who I want to be when I grow up!!!!!

Click here for video. I don't know how to put the video on here straight from YouTube!

********************************************
Yesterday was a good day. I managed to play around in the studio....used some of the goodies Julie sent me (can't show you yet!) and painted a few background pages in my new art journal. Hey, it's a start!



For this first page in my new journal I used some Golden fluid acrylics and a couple of pieces of paper then later I'll add some journaling. Sometimes I like things simple and clean and then other times I like lots of stuff. Are you the same?

Recently on someone's blog (I was a little out of it when I saw this and don't remember whose blog it was!) I saw where they had made a little book using a check register. I found one that I had never used and decided to alter it.



I just used pieces of scrap paper to cover the pages. I glued some of them together because the register is made from very flimsy paper.



I added a little pocket to some of the pages and will add more embellishments and journaling along the way.



For the page on the left I scanned and resized, then printed in black and white, one of my earlier paintings....



I did this Flower Fairy in 2006. I used a combination of watercolors and colored pencils....and you can see she doesn't have a face as this was before I began painting faces. The Flower Fairy is done on 12" x 16" watercolor paper.

So that was my day. What did you do that was fun??

11 comments:

  1. YeeHaw! Looks like things are getting back to normal! I saw the check register, too ... wonder where?!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fresh, clean look of your first journal page, Janet! I think the register book is a great idea also and your Flower Fairy is a lovely addition.

    Thanks for the video link...I'm off to check it out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that face on the green background..lots of ideas here to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journal page and the check register is very cool. Thanks for the video link. That lady was amazing and had such a great attitude towards life and living. I want to be like that when I am 90!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Glad you are feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice page. lovely colors. Sometimes I paint a page and am so enamored of just that, so I don't want to cover it up with much. That's why I am not so good at "layers" I guess. Cute little check register makeover. Yesterday I had fun at a make and take photo transfer demo at Jerry's Artorama store.

    Love that video. She is totally cool! I have an Aunt who's hair is that color, and she loves turquoise too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mean paper that you get when you get the bill from the clerk. I love what you did with it and the drawings as usual you did a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that lady has STYLE!! Love the colors she wears and her ATTITUDE!!! It's really all about attitude isn't it??? Hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the check register book Janet but one question what is a check register?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet I have a check register book unused myself. Who uses checks these days?!?! Glad you are feeling arty again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see you back into it Janet, I love the relaxing feeling I get with your green journal page.
    What a great idea for the register book and I love the flower fairy.
    I looked at the video, she is priceless!!
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!