Friday, August 27, 2010

Goodies in the Mail!

This "recovery" stuff is no fun! It's now been over a week and I still have a numb space on my chin and lower lip. Had my follow-up this morning with the dentist and everything looks good. Apparently the numbness is from all the work done on the bone where the tooth was embedded. The dentist told HB that he had to use the biggest piece of artificial bone that he had to fill the hole! I go back in another two weeks and maybe by then I'll be able to feel my chin!

********************************************
I have the BEST blog friends!! I received a couple of "hope you're recovering" cards yesterday....



The one on the left is from Kate and the one on the right is from Julie.
I love that design on the card from Kate....great colors.

Julie also sent me a whole package of goodies. She called it a "couch craft kit"....



All kinds of papers, stickers, letters, and several ATC blanks. Just the perfect thing to get me back into doing some art! Thank you, Julie and Kate. You're so thoughtful.

Julie used some really cool tape on the package....



They're little tiki guys! I love it!!

********************************************
Today I finally got out of the house and made a trip to B&N. I think they were just about to close the store since I hadn't been there in so long! But I saved them. I bought the new Art Journaling magazine and a really nice Canson spiral-bound journal....



The pages are 90 lb watercolor paper so it should work great for an art journal. I like the 9" x 12" size, too. I got it for $17.99. Then we stopped at Michael's and they had Canson journals just like this one only they had sketch paper in them and they wanted $21.99 for theirs! I guess I got a deal.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day in the studio playing with all my new goodies, making the ATCs that I owe to Beth, and maybe starting a journal page. Yep, I think I'm on the mend!!!

I hope you're all having a fun day.

15 comments:

  1. YeeHaw! I know you are on the mend when you go to B&N!!!!!! Isn't Mail Call wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am glad to see you are on the mend...

    I'm taking a week off the computer to spend with friends just quilting and knitting...

    Missed you - but, want you to be well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. buying stuff always makes me feel better. I am glad you are on the mend...I have been worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the card. That issue of Art Journaling is awesome. I loved it. Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. B&N is good for the soul, I will get this issue of Journaling, it looks like fun. I am better also. I spent the day with my grandson Summit.That is always the best meds. I did get my ATC's sent, I hope DJ likes them????
    Be will Dear Janet...Your mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you are on the downside of your mend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news that you are on the mend!You got some nice goodies and some finds at B&N...You are sounding more like your regular self...I started to say old self but I didn't want to go there. Continue to get better!
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news that you are on the mend!You got some nice goodies and some finds at B&N...You are sounding more like your regular self...I started to say old self but I didn't want to go there. Continue to get better!
    Cheers,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear that your mending. Last year, I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed and my chin and lower lip were numb too. My lip is STILL numb, but every time I go back, the dentist keeps telling me that it will keep getting better. At least it wasn't the one side of my tongue (which he thought it could have been-no taste buds, Oh my!)
    My tooth was completely wrapped around my nerve--that's why.

    Well anyway--great goodies you received from great friends, and HEY--I just bought that same magazine yesterday too. I'm cutting back on shows next year, so my goal is to start AND finish a journal in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cool!!! Where did she find that tape???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,,I am so glad your feeling better, except for that numb chin. I hope it gets back to normal soon, that would bug me,,lol.
    I want to go get that magazine now,,
    Keep healing, Janet!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun with your goodies and I sure hope you feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so glad to hear that youre on the mend! Hope your jaw comes back to normal too very soon, my Dd had that prob when she had her wisdom tooth out, it somehow impacts on the jaw nerve. Anyway a bit of art should see you right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy you liked the package, Janet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!