Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Corner of the World....

I'm back....sort of. I didn't plan on this dental experience to take so much out of me but it did. I have been doing a lot of nothing recently which is very unusual for me. But I guess it's what's been needed for me to heal.

I still have a numb area on my lower jaw and about half of my bottom lip is numb....makes eating and drinking a bit of a challenge! I go back on Friday for a follow-up so hopefully all will be good.

As you know, Lee and I hosted an ATC swap this month. My partner is Beth, a very creative and talented artist. I received her ATCs the day after my dental fun so I'm just now getting them posted.



The photo above is the package Beth sent to me. I absolutely LOVE that background paper! It's heavy, feels handmade, and has foreign printing on it....maybe either Arabic or Hebrew....whatever it is, I can't wait to use some of it.



These are the ATCs Beth made for me...."fashion" and "summer"....aren't they great! I love the little bee charm on the summer ATC. Thank you, Beth. You always do such beautiful art.

And now I have to confess online, in public, that I have not made Beth's ATCs yet! They were due on the 22nd and leading up to that time I was in a terrible art slump. Then I had the work done on my teeth and since then I've barely even thought about art. So needless to say, I'm LATE with my part of the swap. But I am planning to spend some time in the studio today and maybe I'll get my mojo going again.

The only other thing I have to share with you today is a pic of one of our kitties.



This is Harley playing with his catnip toy. He always loved those little catnip toys from the store but they are so small he could barely play with them. So I took a piece of denim from the leg of some old jeans and just made a pillow-shaped pouch. I filled it with some stuffing and sprinkled in some catnip, sewed it closed and he loves it. I also made another one in the shape of a fish but he still prefers the pillow one since it's big enough that he can kick it with his hind legs.

Ok, that's all from my little corner of the world. I'm hoping to get around to visit some blogs later today. I miss all of you.

14 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the worst is behind you. Ugh. How long are you supposed to stay numb???? Be careful with that! Kitty is so cute! I love the ATCs. ha, I'm always behind. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see you posting... I am sure once you start to play you will be able to whip those ATC's out in no time. I am glad you are feeling a little bit better..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this means each day will get better and better for you! Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you quick healing and those ATC's are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back so glad you are feeling a bit better. It always takes longer than we think to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back so glad you are feeling a bit better. It always takes longer than we think to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back so glad you are feeling a bit better. It always takes longer than we think to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to hear that you're feeling better, Janet...sometimes, life just gets in the way and forces us to take a needed rest, perhaps?

    The goodies Beth sent you are absolutely lovely...lucky you!

    I'm sure Harley appreciates the extra effort you went to so he could have a catnip toy more suited to his size.

    I hope all goes well at your follow-up appointment ~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back and feeling somewhat better. The ATC's you received are awesome. Thank you again for hosting this swap it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are beginning to feel better...anything around your mouth seems to take longer....

    The ATC's are great....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harley rocks! And I'm wishing I'd been able to do that swap.

    So glad the dental work is over -- I just hate it! Hang in there -- glad it's improving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to blogville...Beth's ATCs are great...the fashion one is is my pick of the two. The art mode will kick in as you begin to feel better...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bright orange one. I hope your teeth get better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now don't you worry a bit about doing my ATCs,,like I said,,I don't get "wrapped around the axle" about swaps,,lol. I just want you to feel better! I am glad you liked the ATCs and the goodies. I knew you would love that paper.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!