Monday, August 30, 2010

My Mojo is Slowly Coming Back....

Finally....I think I'm getting my mojo back after being away from my art for awhile. Yesterday I started a painting in that new art journal I showed you and I just finished the picture a few minutes ago.

I'm really loving that art journal. It's the perfect size for me. Isn't it funny how we all have such different preferences when it comes to the size we work in? I did a whole moleskine....one of the small sized ones....and it was ok but I much prefer to work a little bigger. And this journal is just the right size to fit on my scanner....well, almost. It did cut off a little bit of the border on my new page.

So without further ado here is my new gal....



I had fun working on this page. Her face isn't perfect but then neither is mine! She went in a completely different way than I had first imagined her but that's half the fun of it.



Even though there are Golden paints sitting there on my worktable I didn't use them on this page. It's all done with craft paints. After reading Pam Carriker's article Basic Black in the summer edition of Art Journaling, I first put down some black gesso....love that stuff! I added some thin strips of paper all around the edges of the page and then started drawing in the girl. I had thought I'd use paper to make her hair but then began playing around and liked how it was going.



I did use paper for the big flower and leaves on her head but otherwise it's all paint. I used the Sharpie poster paint pens to do her hair designs. They're my favorite to use for something like this. Thank goodness I can now get them at Michael's.

Now I'm heading back to my worktable to see if I can keep this going!

22 comments:

  1. Janet,

    She is great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, that girl ROCKS!!! I adore her hair and all the other elements you used on this!! You are so ARTISTIC, I always love to see what you're working on. Glad you found a notebook size that works well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how perty. i'm framing your work soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. I think it's fun to sometimes revisit the craft paints and work with those. Different, but you still get the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,

    WOW! She is fantastic! I think you got your mojo back for sure. I love the hair, You did an awesome job on the entire piece. She is definitely frame worthy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! I'm in awe over that hair... Your detailed work always amazes me.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, this is a good size!! I love all those delicious patterns in her hair.....ooooo la la!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's superb! I like what you did with her hair. Black gesso...I forget about using it...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just the same when choosing new notebooks - they have to feel right in size or I end up not using them. Janet - do you ever use rubber stamps on your work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is absolutely wonderful and so festive! Yea, congrats for getting back into your art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hair! She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's beautiful! I love her hair all zentangled!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is an example of what I love best about your art! So whimsical and beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm slowly catching up - so good to see you and your art again! Sorry to hear about your dental woes, but I'm glad you're on the mend and getting your mojo back. LOVE this page - especially her hair stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes Janet, please do keep this going...your creative flair fills my soul! I love coming here to get my dose of inspiration!

    she's perfect in her 'imperfect' state...lol

    I love the black gesso...never tried it before, but I just might grab some next time i'm out!

    thanks

    ciao bella

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janet, she's beatiful! I love her hair- you always come up with such intesting solutions for hair!

    Have never tried black gesso, have never even seen it, may have to go ahunting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. blogaloorgirl7:34 AM

    I love the new gal and esp her hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is absolutely beautiful, very serene looking. I love the way you filled the page without using her entire face. Love, love, love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh Janet. I've been lax in browsing so I didnt know you were having so much dental problems. Ouch! Worse pain in the world. That and ear ache. I'm really glad to know you are now mending. You already know I love your newest gal. I left a message on your Flickr. I guess you didnt go to the Emmy''s 'cuz of your tooth, hmmmmmmm? I'm sure whatever handsome date you had lined up was disappointed! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it - she is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW...she's gorgeous and vibrant, Janet...lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!