Saturday, September 04, 2010

Nothing Exciting Here!!!

What have I been doing the past couple of days, you ask. Well, definitely not getting any art done, that's for sure! HB and I have been running around taking care of "stuff" that needs attention and that always means I don't get to spend time in the studio. And we all know that translates into BORING blog posts with no art!!

Late last night I put some black gesso on a couple of pages in my art journal and sketched out two new gals I want to paint. I was going to take a photo of them this morning so you could see the beginnings of some art but then I realized HB took my camera with him today.

He's been taking a class every Saturday and he wanted to borrow my camera to take some pics of himself in the sound studio. So no camera, no pics, not much to share with you today.

I can tell you that my chin is STILL numb! Part of the feeling has come back to my lip but it isn't 100% yet. I'm still eating a fairly soft diet. Each morning during the summer I have a smoothie for breakfast. A couple of weeks ago I took a photo (thank goodness I at least have these to show you!) of all the things I put into my smoothie....



Plain non-fat yogurt, almond milk, fresh blueberries, a peach, a banana, some pineapple juice, frozen strawberries, and a handful of chopped spinach....yes, SPINACH! Believe me, you can't taste it in the smoothie.

It all goes into my trusty blender, gets whirled around for a couple of minutes, and Viola.... yumminess.



Can you tell how old my blender is by that avocado green color!! Yep, I've had this blender since the very early 60's and it still works great. I have a newer one that HB bought me a couple of years ago but it doesn't work half as good as this old one.

Ok, now that I've bored you to tears, go out there and have a fun day. Do some art, play outside, see a movie....just enjoy yourself. And come back tomorrow as I hope to have some art to show you then.

21 comments:

  1. Janet,

    Oh I had a little chuckle at that avocado colored blender. Hey its a testimony that it has lasted this long. I have smoothie's too and not just in summer. I use frozen fruit and they taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, we made Dragon Fruit Smoothies last week, I'm thinking passion fruit this week. Hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely. and so nutricious. I just bought blueberries yesterday and love them.
    Hugs from June x
    http://junesartyretreat.blogspot.com/
    http://dezinaworld.blogspot.com/
    http://artfreebies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had a chuckle about the blender. Though the smoothie looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the Harvest Gold blender at one time...I was dumb and tried to blend ice and broke the glass container and never replaced it. I also had copper tone appliances in my kitchen...remember those? I'm starting to sound like my grandparents when they talked about the horse and buggy days...lol...I can just imagine someone thinking...oh my...how old is she?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have exactly the same avocado green blender, but I got mine at a garage sale for $5. And it works GREAT! Mmmmm, must try one of those smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that avacado green, kind of glad it's gone (lol). Thought you might like to know I broke down and joined in the 2011 sketchbook project, can't wait until my sketchbook arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blender!!! The smoothie looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its funny how youcan date things by the colours..like my 1980's peach kitchen! yuk! and mustard yellow was big over here in its hey day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janet you haven't bored me to tears, I am intrigued by the thought of spinach and fruit in the same smoothie. I love my smoothies and am up for a change so this one might me on my menu soon. My favourite in smoothies is raspberries, yum. That reminds me, I haven't made one for a while because it has been so dreary and wet and cold, this might just be the thing that gets me in the mood for spring and cheers me up.
    I do hope the feeling comes back in your chin and mouth. How frustrating!
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet;
    Isn't that the case with older applieances... they were made to last but todays appliances are made to be disposable and replaceable within a year! That shake looks wonderful! I love fruit smoothies!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Hugs and happy creating to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM!! That looks so good. Have you called your dentist? My son had his wisdom teeth pulled and they cut part of his nerve. He had no feeling in his tongue for months. He said it did come back though. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had that avocado coloured blender too Janet as well as a set of canisters and spice canisters in avocado green--now that really dates me doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yum. I have smoothies for breakfast too. See? Great minds run in the same blender. I also use fresh berries but not milk. Unsweetened cranberry juice and yogurt, and hemp seed, pineapple, berries, banana for sweetener. I have done the spinach too. Amazing, you get the vitamins but no spinach flavor. It's fun to try to change the flavors. Gosh Janet, that's a long time to be numb. Maybe you should call the dentist and just let him know? Are you doing the sketchbook project? I think your "girls" are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blender impressed me! I like the avocado color much more than my boring black one... I make green smoothies every day too. Today I used all the green stuff I could find in my refrigerator (carrot tops, beet tops, lettuce, parsley and kale). Doesn't sound great, but with the addition of fruit and almond milk it was delicious! I wish that your chin gets back to normal quickly and I hope that you are not in pain. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't had a blender for years, long after the drinks phase of my life. When I saw how wretched the plastic jar ones were, I watched the local thrift shops and finally got a Harvest Gold one, with a glass container. It was $10, and that price will not come off but who cares. It works great. Now all I need are those little blender jars. Remember them?

    I make lassis...plain yogurt, fruit and club soda.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I would love to have your blender. It's so Retro,,,love me some Retro! Plus I am sure it does work 100% better than these new cheaply made models. And Yummy, would love to have one of your smoothies too! Hope your feeling comes back soon in your chin. I bet it's a little wierd feeling.
    Have a Happy Wednesday, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true....you can't tell there is spinach in a fruit smoothie and it's delicious! Janet, you could never be boring though I'm sorry to hear your chin is still numb.

    YAY for the older appliances...they were made to last!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey girl...Sorry , I have not been blogging too much lately as you know! Funny..I just found a blender that someone was tossing. It is in perfect condition!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, I'm back from my mini-vacation, getting on a regular schedule and glad to be back checking in on you. Looked down the posts and I'm liking your journal things! The smoothie sounds wonderful and it sounds like you've been busy! Glad to be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!