Followers

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Remember me???

Remember me?? I'm the missing blogger going through the art slump. Nothing much has changed but I thought I better check in and let you know what's going on (or not going on) so you don't forget about me.

I won't bore you with all the details but will say that no creative juices are flowing much at this point. This morning I got out some paints and splopped them on some paper, then sketched in a face but I don't know how long it will be before the urge strikes me to actually paint her....



The thing on her shoulder will either be angel wings or a bird....not sure how it will play out yet. This was a bit of pulled art so it might evolve in a completely different direction when I finally begin to paint it.

And since I don't have anything new to show you I thought I'd show another one of my older drawings. This is from 2003....



I'm not sure what I was thinking when I drew her. She's sort of a cross between a space queen, a bride, and a mermaid! I used to draw a lot of these women....faceless and always standing with their hands behind their back. I hate drawing hands!

On another boring subject....we are having some wonderful cool weather! By the weekend it will be back to summer again but for now I'm lovin' the fall-like weather around here. I actually had on a sweater last evening. I know many of you who live in other parts of the country won't understand my excitement about this but we usually have summer right up until November so this little chilly spell is much appreciated.

And since I haven't done them in quite awhile here are a few little snippets....

Listening to: Pride and Prejudice on CD while I'm in the studio

Eating: Very carefully as my tummy has been in rebellion recently

Wearing: Jeans and a sweatshirt

Reading: Beach Trip by Cathy Holton

I hope you're all enjoying lots of creative goodness. I promise to come visit soon but for now I'm trying to stay away from blogs and all their inspiration overload and let my muse recover from whatever ails her.

17 comments:

  1. sounds like you are relaxing and enjoying your time. we can't create all the time. i love your drawing of the lady. i agree with you about drawing hands, and faces too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself having my creative time here and there as of late. I have been running around like a squirrel getting ready for winter. They are warning us of a bad one here in the cascades. Besides food, firewood,there must be ample art supplies! Right.
    I say it should be a bird on her shoulder.Yup a bird. Happy day to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you my dear, at least back online. Your muse is just tired from all the previous hard work. She's on holiday, wanting to read books, crochet, and soak in some new T.V. shows...nothing wrong with that!! Let her be.....she'll be back!

    Hope the tummy is nothing, my bf and daughter are both having stomach issues right now! As for the cool weather I too welcome it too!

    Big Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you Janet. Drawing a face on a painted background is a start! She'll be waiting till you're in the right frame of mind to work on her. The lady from some years ago is beautiful! I totally agree about drawing hands (and faces). Not my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you know that just 5 mins ago, I was wondering how you were and here is a post when I check my faves !!

    that first painting could be you window back to your muse... play with it.. use wax.. glitter. .. something tells me that she is your muse to guide you back...and I think it was these words :The thing on her shoulder will either be angel wings or a bird
    trying to force creativity is like trying to get back to sleep.. know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be keen to see how this face finishes up but I'm a patient gal so take your time...just go with the creative flow when the urge strikes you. You can't rush a masterpiece ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No creative goodness for me -- too many deadlines and house stuff. But I'd better get on the stick. I have a show in November!

    Do it when you're ready. You'll be all the better for the clear head and time off.

    And I love your spacey mermaid -- she reminds me of a rendering for a Disney character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just returned from the mountains and had a great time. Hope your muse returns refreshed. Sometimes we all just need a little time away. Don't worry you will not be forgotton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogaloorgirl7:55 PM

    enjoy the quiet time and I am sure your muse will come back in style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet!
    So nice to visit you as always! I have been away too from blogging. Just came back from London, put some pics up on my blog yesterday. Had a good time but am glad to be home. My son stayed there to study, lucky boy. We skype with him! It's so much fun!!!
    I just LOVE that old drawing you did...to me it's very ART DECO...she is enchanting. Enjoy the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you decided to do a post even if it is just to say hi! I do love the old drawing and I think the new girl will turn out great whenever you get inspired. The colors remind me of fall, maybe she has a leaf on her shoulder?
    I have been taking pics in the yardnot working on the stained glass untill we get back from the Keys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gotta do what you gotta do.
    I love your "old" drawings. I think they have an art deco vibe.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Janet--why don't you pretend that you are painting that lady for me--maybe that will help--but then maybe it won't.
    Hang in there girl the mojo will all come flooding back soon and there won't be enough time to sleep then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet, I do not know what is wrong with my e-mail. I have written on two different times and you are getting a empty page. I will see what I can find out. I may not be getting mail to others.
    So glad you posted!! Take your time dear friend, Your, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. No creative goodness here, yet. I love the flowy fish tails. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo I love your fashionista drawings! and this one reminds me of Disney's Malificent, my favorite villain! You can't go wrong with some Pride and Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to see you Janet. Enjoy your quiet time. I'm with you on not drawing hands and faces - too scary!
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!