Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Storms and Sketching....

Yesterday we had rain, lightening and thunder off and on for most of the day and night. So far today is sunny and bright but there are some clouds rolling in over the mountains so I expect more rain by afternoon. With all that going on I wasn't online very much yesterday so you might not have seen me visiting much. We need the rain so I'm not complaining. And it's cool and very nice.

I took some photos of our roses right after a light rain. If you're interested you can see them here in all their dewy glory.

Now on to some art....or lack of it. I didn't do ANY art yesterday! You'd think with a cool, gray day I'd spend it in the studio with bright colors. Instead I read most of the day! I'm reading this book.

I did do a background in one of my journals a couple of days ago....



Not sure where it's going yet. I'll just wait and see what happens. I also started sketching out some ideas in that new journal I won....



I think I'll lose the ribbon around her head and the heart but maybe replace it with something else.

Here are a couple more pages from that journal....



I hope you can see these. I did very light sketches so they didn't show up too much in the photos but maybe if you click on them and see them bigger they might show better. I'm just playing with different faces. My decision was to make this a journal of women....faces, fashion drawings, etc. That may change as I go along because this is a very BIG journal but for now that's my plan.

Oh, and I almost forgot....I added a little bit to the Bubble Headed gal....



Just a flower in her hair and a bit of a border. That's it for now. Have a fun day!!

11 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back and playing with your girls! Love Ms. Bubblehead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,

    I love your journal sketches and I'm sure you will have heaps of fun bringing them to life with colour. The hair accessory is a perfect touch too! :) I haven't had a chance to do much in the way of art this past week at all...too busy with other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous... I think I would trip somebody walking by me for some rain. LOL

    Ms. Bubblehead is a beauty! And... that book looks good!!!

    ;-D Will you please send me some rain?

    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. the journal idea sounds fantastic Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done so far!

    happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice looking Bubble headed gal you got there! Looking forward at catching up on your back posts for I have lost so much time in doing so since my computer been broken, now I am back into full swing again with my pc up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The muse is back -- don't have to use her every day! The book looks really terrific! Love the background too!

    My verification work is artharim. Is your artharim all the pretty ladies you draw?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sketches are looking good...wish we'd get some rain here...it's a very dry fall! I watched Tam's first video...I am enjoying it a lot...I'm off to watch the next one...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sketches and the bubble head girls looks great with the border. I also have to say you have gorgeous roses

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the first sketch (though they're all lovely.) Can't wait to see how she'll evolve.

    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet,
    Great sketches and I love the bright background page.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!