Monday, October 11, 2010

Ta-Dah!!!!

I am happy to tell you I have finally done some art. This stupid art slump has been going on waaaaay too long and personally I'm just fed up with it. I said I wasn't going to take any more classes but finally I did in the hopes that it would jump-start my creative juices again. And it did! You can see the new button over on the side for Paulette Insall's Color Me Beautiful workshop.

This is what I created using some of the techniques I learned from her. I took them and used them in my own way and didn't follow her procedure exactly so my picture isn't as good as hers but I'm thrilled to have created something at long last. You may recall the beginning drawing from my earlier post....and here's what I did with it....



For this painting I used mostly Golden's fluid acrylics. The eyes are not very good....they need a lot more work but for now this is all I've done....



I decided to go with a bird on her shoulder. Here's a close-up of it....



After such a long dry spell of not creating anything I guess she isn't too bad.



I would like to publicly offer my apologies to all my blog friends for my lack of response over the past several weeks. I know I owe you lots of visits and many of you are probably wondering when I'll answer your emails. The past few weeks have been such a trial for me. I just felt so disconnected and some days didn't even look at the computer at all. Maybe I just needed time to re-charge my batteries. Whatever it was I hope it's over for now. Over the next several days I'll be visiting your blogs.

If anyone is interested, I've posted a couple of pictures over on my photo blog.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    Soooo glad to see you back here sharing your creative thoughts and art with us!
    Well done on this bright, cheery piece.
    I'm off to check out the site.
    Happy creative week to you,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Janet! I don't know what else you are trying to do to her, but I think your lady is lovely. I want to paint pretty like you one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, your painting is wonderful. I'm so happy that you have been able to get back that wonderful flow.
    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back into your art and sharing with us.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, I love her. She looks so happy and carefree.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Janet, my bd-sis!! Glad to see you back doing your thing...And what a thing you've done!! Love that picture and the bird is just perfect!!! This whole blogging world has a way of overwhelming me too! And then there's all that art!! Glad you're back :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful....the perfect touch to have the bird on her shoulder! I love the vibrant colors, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's lovely. Congrats on beating the funk even if it means taking a class.
    And you certainly don't have to apologize for something that is, after all, out of your control.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is womderful, so glad you are back with us...

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!!! I love seeing stuff on your blog again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Janet. When you come back, yoiu come back with a ROAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think she is wonderful..We all have to take time off sometimes.
    Glad you are back..Hope you get back to creating more.
    Take care,
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is very lovely. I think the colors you used are just perfect and the bird says a mouthful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is gorgeous! Love the message too Janet. Let's spread our wings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really glad you are back in your studio...she is lovely. I am smiling for you!!! Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yea!!! She's back!!! I like what you have done on this face....and the bird is a great touch...fantastic to see you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great to see you're back. you know, you can never take too many classes. there's always something new to learn, a different technique, or new product to try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes! Janet you are indeed back! and in full swing...
    your painting is fabulous..and again sooooo inspiring me to pick up my paint brush for today...

    I just want to finish my coffee though.....but your blog keeps making me put it down to comment!!!! lol

    Have a great day!

    ciao bella
    happy creating!

    CREATIVE CARMLEINA

    ReplyDelete
  19. NOt to worry, my dear. We go through blog yucks. This was your time. I'm just glad you're getting your art back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous work! Love discovering new fabulous artists - thanks for linking into artsee bloggers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!