Friday, November 12, 2010

A Blue Reverie....

I'm still trying to play catch-up on several classes so this will be a short post. The word for yesterday (from NaNoJouMo....over on my side bar) was reverie. This is what I did. And remember I'm short on time so this was knocked out in just a matter of minutes. I didn't put a lot of thought into it....just went with my gut feeling.



The background was done with acrylics....laid down a color, spritzed it with water, soaked up the water with paper towel, then laid down another color and went through the same process. I think I put four layers of color on this page. Then a small piece of paper, some magazine images and a piece of black lace paper that I had spray painted. A few accents with some paint pens and I was done.

Also yesterday I did another exercise for one of my classes. I think it turned out hokey but we'll see what I learn from this!



This was painted without any sketching first. I just started painting the image right there on the paper. I don't like how stiff it all seems. I really need to loosen up with paint! My first thought was "Lady Sings the Blues"....

Ok....see you tomorrow. The word for today is essence. I don't have a clue what I'll do for that one but come back and see!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janet...I really like your blue lady. Love the color combination! Is this from Wyanne's class? I think she look great!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Reverie page, Janet, and 'Lady sings the Blues' would be a perfect title for your lady. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,

    I love your lady, she does not look stiff at all.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, lady sings the blues is the perfect title. not only the painting but your feeling about it. perfect. that's what art is about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, I love the greens and blues in both of these pages. Your lady is lovely
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!