Friday, November 05, 2010

Friday Unfinished Projects!

It's Friday and I'm already getting behind with my NaNoJouMo! Today's word is equanimity. According to an online dictionary it means: The quality of being calm and even-tempered; composure. Another tough one! But while leafing through a magazine I spotted a picture that said calm to me so I quickly did a sketch of it....


photos are clickable to view larger

I guess you can say it's my own interpretation of the word. I'm not sure how I'll proceed with this page....maybe I'll use watercolors or maybe just do a pencil drawing. I don't know yet. But whatever I do it won't be finished today! HB and I have tons of things to do and we're only just thinking about getting out to do them!

Also I started adding some things to yesterday's marker page. I like how it's coming along but again....not finished yet!



And I forgot to show you this page I did several nights ago....



I like doing these. My mind can just wander all over the place while I'm drawing. I don't have to think too much. Here's another one I have sketched out in the very beginning stages....



Sometimes I sort of sketch designs that I think I'll use in each section and other times I just wing it. And then sometimes even when I've sketched a suggested design I still change my mind and do something entirely different when I actually start filling it in. It all depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

It's a simply gorgeous day here today! Sunny and in the 70's. We're back to having summer-like weather again. I hope your day is bright and sunny, too.

7 comments:

  1. I saw the news last night that said your weather is hot again in certain areas. I can't wait to see the finished projects. Looks like things are goin strong! I laughed when I heard you were winging it! That's how I speak.....lol I often wing it! I like mindless sketching too!
    Enjoy!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with the sketch....Glad you gave us the definition to equanimity...had no clue!! Love the doodling upon the Quarter piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the sketch...I calling the blog police because of that nude woman...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...great sketch! Try that more often. I was looking at all your art supplies a post or two ago. I thought I had a lot but I think you beat me. Your zentangle looks great...those graph paper pages help keep your lines straight, I'll bet. You look so busy and productive...good for you!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look great, seems you are out of your slump. Our weather was nice for several days but the rain has returned this morning. Good day to do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I'm back -- and thank you for all your visits and comments while I've been absent. I think you understand!

    And that sketch -- I haven't seen you doing anything like this -- I like it and can't wait for the "next chapter."

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo I love your QUarter even more now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!