Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting to the Essence....

Here I am again with another short post. And another apology for not getting around to visit everyone. I'm trying to get caught up on some of the classes I'm taking and that doesn't leave me much time for other things. HB and the kitties also need my attention!

Yesterday I did another 30 minute painting....this time it was twice that time. But it was done in 30 minute segments. Like a dummy I forgot to take a photo after the initial 30 minutes but here's what I had after the second 30 minute session....



I don't know where these are coming from! I seem to be tapping into some long-hidden tribal connection. I just try to paint without thinking and this is what I keep coming up with.



HB teased me that it looks like I've got "weed" plants on the one side! If that's coming from my sub-conscious it must be from another life as I've never done any drugs! Yes, I remember the 60's! So I guess I wasn't there!!

Also yesterday's word for NaNoJouMo (link over on the side) was essence. I didn't have a lot of time to work on the page so I took the easiest way and used the perfume definition. When I say I took the easy way, I really mean it....



The papers were already on this page. I just found a picture of perfume, glued it down, then printed out the text and put it on and called it a day! Sometimes it's all I can do. Just some simple page. And this isn't even a perfume I wear. Probably couldn't afford it!!!

Ok, that's it for me....I hope you all have a good, fun, creative weekend.

8 comments:

  1. as some one from Boulder, Colorado hometown to the majority of hippies left (other than some CA towns), I can assure you that I didn't see weed.
    I'd tease the HB back and say it is all in the eye of the beholder... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your segment painting is beautiful and very eye-catching, Janet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not see the weed either but I love this..It has a story to tell.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those tribal looks..... YOu have been doing such fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the striking contrast of color in your 30 minute piece. looks like it was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the artwork Janet!! Glad you found your muse again, and he's making you step out of your comfort zone!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors on your tribal look painting.....your art is always colorful...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!