Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shining a Little Light on Things....

Yesterday I worked on "Mystique" a little bit more. And I kept looking at her and thinking she reminded me of someone. It just kept bugging me until this morning the light bulb came on....she looks a little like Kalinda (Archie Panjabi) on The Good Wife. Anyway, here's how she looks now....



I used my Portfolio oil pastels to do the shading and add some rosiness to her cheeks.



I decided to go ahead and glue down the circles along the side and I added another layer to them. I'm very happy with how this turned out. There are things I would change but I'm not going to stress over them.

********************************************
And I even got caught up on my art journal pages for NaNoJouMo. Here is the one for the 14th - the word was portray....



Imagine that! I did a page using purple!! Can you believe it??

And here's the page for the 15th - the word was luminous....



I used black gesso for the background, then drew my lantern with a silver Sharpie. I put zinc white on the glass panels and then added a translucent yellow to give a glow of a light.....printed out the quote and I was finished! I could have used this page for the word essence, too!

Today's word is divinity and I have most of it done but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it!