Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Staying With It....

Hi everyone! Remember me??? I just got caught up in stuff around the house and didn't get any posts written for several days....but I'm here now and I'm catching up on my challenges.

I have been doing a little bit of art each day to keep going with AEDM but some of the words for NaNoJouMo really stumped me or simply didn't interest me! Also the last picture I drew (previous post) has been keeping me busy. I've been trying to visualize how she will look with color and so far I haven't done anything else to her. It might take me awhile to finish her.

So here's my AEDM/NaNoJouMo pages from the past several days....

Nov 18 - word was actualize



I couldn't think of anything to do for that word so I just did a page. The quote says: Throughout all Creation, just beneath the surface, joining each person to every other person and to every other thing in a luminous organism of sacred responsibility, we discover invisible lines of connection. - Lawrence Kushner

Nov 19 - fray



I chose to show how I fray some of my jeans! I always keep a couple of pairs that have nice hems but many times I fray the bottoms of jeans I use for casual wear around the house. And it's also a good way for me to have jeans that are just the right length. I seem to fall in-between the height sizes on pants so they're either too short or too long.

Nov 20 - poise



This was another one of the words I didn't actually make a page about....this quote says: Our life is a faint tracing on the surface of mystery. -Annie Dillard

Sometimes
the word for the day strikes a chord with me and other times not so much. When I immediately think of something when I read the word then it's a sure bet I'll make a page about it otherwise I don't.

I have three more pages finished but I'll show those to you tomorrow. I don't want to overwhelm you with pictures on one post!

Also I've added some autumn photos to my photo blog (link is over on the right side under "my other sites")....I added photos taken over three days.

And that's it for today! I hope you're having a fun artsy kind of day.

10 comments:

  1. Great pages!!! I love all the layers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pages to, I have been checking the blog daily for the words, and some of them, I could not think of one thing, good thing I am not doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mridula6:45 PM

    I loved the first page most of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages, Janet! I think I like 'Fray' best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pages! I think I would have a hard time with some of those words too. I like the quotes you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages, I really like Fray, so clever. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The words themselves are the challenge. I like that you make a page anyway just to keep in the flow--so happy that you're making art everyday. I love your lady in the post below--I can't wait to see her finished.
    P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending Thanksgiving wishes to you.
    May you have peace and plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are cool.
    I have the same problem with trousers and jeans. lol.
    Annoying isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. More cool pages! I especially like the 'actualize' one.
    I have the same problem with pant length - though my pant hems seems to end up fraying on their own...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!