Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sumptuous....

I'm just about ready to go get my hair cut but I wanted to share with you what I'm working on now. She is just in the preliminary stages but I think I'm going to like her....a lot!



I'm doing her in my big art journal and this page is not heavy paper but it isn't slick like the page for Mystique/Kalinda. I think this will work best with either markers or colored pencil or maybe a combination of both. The page is actually a light tan so I don't think I'll do anything to her skin....just leave it the page color.



Not sure why the page looks like such an ickky color here. I'm starting to add some details but not much yet. We'll see where she takes me.

Yesterday's word was sumptuous - "very rich, expensive, luxurious, or splendid." I think she will be splendid! But she's going to take a lot more work so hang in there with me.

19 comments:

  1. Very cool...you could go with peacock feathers or fire colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sumptuous indeed! She's absolutely gorgeous! wow Janet, you're on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...she's going to be fantastic, Janet...I love her already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting at the edge of my seat Janet, because I CANNOT WAIT to see what you do with her!!! It's off to a fun start!! Hurry, Hurry :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. if shes like the last one then we cant wait! hurry janet we are all waiting for this!!! will tune in back later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think she'll be awesome when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is wonderful already!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She does look very sumptuous! I don't know where you're getting your daily words (must get caught up on blogreading), but I really like the concept - and the art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mridula6:48 PM

    she looks fantastic, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's awesome already..can't wait to see the colors she gets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's beautiful! Just the kind of face with lots of detail I LOVE doing! Thanks for sharing your lovely work for blogland to be inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her, Janet! Tremendous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes...
    a reflection of her creator...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she is going to be supreme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it. Can't wait to see what colour her hair will be..!
    Hope you are doing good Janet..?
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Janet...I'm late coming by...I really like this girl...She's unique...can't wait to see what else you do with her. I hope you had a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think, i love you.

    in a non-creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to see her completed! You sure have been busy! Loving all your newest Art! Always Love your Art! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh this page is GLORIOUS!!! I love it. I love her hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!