Monday, January 17, 2011

I Finished Her!

Finally! I finished the drawing I've been working on for several days. I showed some sneak peeks of her back on the 9th and the 13th. It was slow going because of all the detail. I first did it all in pencil and then went over it with Micron pens. Because my hand kept going numb I could only work on it for a few minutes at a time. I'm not 100% happy with her but at this point I think I've done my best....


(remember that all photos are clickable to view larger)

The picture above is fairly close to the correct color. I did this in the over-sized journal that I won from Lark Books and the paper on this page is a soft golden brown color.



The background color is washed out on the picture above but you can see the details better in this picture. I'm not sure why there's a blueish color on her eyes. I did all the shading with a graphite pencil.



And above you can see a close-up of her face. I'm not thrilled with the shading but then that's always been one of my weak points.

Sadly the problem with my hand is going to be a challenge since I LOVE to do very detailed things like this.

I think I'll give my hand a rest for a couple of days. Maybe I'll just do some collage or something that isn't too detailed.