Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Busy Making Cards!

Hi everyone....I don't want to make you feel bad (especially anyone living on the East Coast) but I thought I'd share what is happening to the raywood ash tree in the back yard....



It's budding!!! The picture isn't too good but I think you can see all the buds on the tips of the branches. We've been having some very nice weather....nothing like what's happening in other parts of the country.

Ok, enough of that. I also want to share with you that picture I did several days ago of the woman in the blue hat. I haven't permanently added anything but I'm thinking about it. What do you think of this??



I think the "flower" adds something, especially since it sort of picks up the red and white from her blouse.

And lastly, I have been busy making cards with some of my artwork. Just playing around. I'm slowly adding them to my etsy shop so I hope you'll take a look over the next few days. I'm only adding one or two at a time so be patient. If there's a piece of my art that you'd like to see on a card just let me know and I'll try to do it. Plus I'm adding words to some of them but if you'd like a card without the words I can do that, too.

Here's a few I've finished....



I have this one finished with a few different colored background layers. None of the photos show the true depth of the colors.



I love this bubble girl and thought she would make a cute birthday card.



I chose this image because it gets "favorited" quite a bit on flickr. The picture really doesn't show the true colors! No matter what I do....scan or photograph....she doesn't look as good as she does in real life.

Ok, back to work for me! I have lots more cards to assemble. Wish me luck!!

21 comments:

  1. Your cards are looking great. I really like the third one and how abstract it is. Oh almost forgot. The lady in blue is a real pick-me-up considering how cold it is over here on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your Picasso girl! Have fun with your cards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you just have to know my favorite is the top one!!! I love it!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the cards, you are gonna sell out I feel it.

    lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the cards, you are gonna sell out I feel it.

    lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have the same tree in our backyard here in Washington state. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if spring is coming!

    Sure like that birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're having great weather.

    I think the flower would be a great touch on her hat!

    Your cards are lovely, Janet...my fave is the first one ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the flower idea. Also love the cards, all 3, but my fav is the first one. Good luck with them, they will no doubt sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love them all. good luck with your sales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty smashing-looking lady in the blue hat. Maybe it's a Kentucky Derby hat. You cards a lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cards. I'm glad you are using your artwork to make them. I love the gal with the turquoise hat and red flower, and of course my fav. is the modern one with the pink and aqua. It is hard to photograph and scan true colors isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet, we have had some unusally warm days the past few days...I'm sure that will change. Early spring for you?

    I like the red flower on your hat lady...she is really good. Great idea to use your art to make cards...lovely! The bubble card is my favorite. Have fun making more cards!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you for having budding already! We were up to 60 today, so no complaints coming from me! Love the girl with the red flower! And your cards!! How exciting. Must see more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI janet! you've been busy...I love your card creations...

    thanks for your visit!
    have a great day!

    ciao bella janetta!

    Creative CArmelinA

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all wonderful Janet. Looks like so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards Janet, my favourite is the first one too.
    Isn't it great to see the first buds on a tree?
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your cards Janet! Lots blooming here too! We did get some rain on Sunday so that was nice for a change!
    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. love those cards Janet, and I think that flower you added onto the pic looks just great too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the birthday card! It's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the flower on the hat and I see that you have been channeling Picasso. Niiiiccce.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are such fun! I've been doing that all day today, too. Feels so good! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!