Sunday, January 16, 2011

My World of Circles....

I hope you're all having as beautiful a day as we are. It's expected to be about 71ยบ today and the sun is shining. I should be outside enjoying it but I'm not! Instead I'm in the studio still working on that textured painting I gave you a sneak peek of earlier this month.

Yesterday I also played in the studio. I made this journal spread....



Like many of you, I'm taking Strathmore's workshop with Pam Carriker. Her work influenced me to use these colors.


The page above is the left side of the spread....


And this one above is the right side....


I love using circles and dots in my art. You can also see Pam's influence in the long neck on my woman.



I finished this spread last evening but didn't post it right then. This morning when I went online I watched Milliande's latest video and saw that she used circles in her latest page....and she used them as hair! I guess those thoughts and ideas floating around out there in the universe find more than one place to land!

13 comments:

  1. Janet,

    What awesome pages. The long neck reminds me of one Violette did a few years ago. I love circles too!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circles, circles ... everywhere! really like this spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have spring fever! We don't have 71 but it was probably about 51 today and 54 the other day. Which is warm for this time of year! Love the colors...first thing I thought was that was like one of Violette’s long neck ladies~ Great page....got your mojo back for sure!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your circles and you colors. Your weather sounds wonderful, it is still raining here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!! I love the colour mix too! Yes, I'm a firm believer that there are endless ideas floating around in the greater consciousness and we only need tap into it.

    Btw, I love the new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY cool pages! I love the circles and other influences. I can't wait till I can afford classes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors Janet!! Wow, and look what you can do even without purple :D Great use of the circles in the hair too, I am so going to try that! Thank you....

    Oh and thanks a lot for the weather update...highs were 45 here!! Bwaahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the colours, the way everything goes together and now you are the trendsetter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet;
    I LOVE this journal spread. The colors are so vibrant and I really enjoy using circles and dots in my work too! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet!
    You are inspired by other artists...and in turn you inspire me! It all comes full....(get ready for a pun)


    CIRCLE!

    LOL
    I love your pages...and your blog colours are so cheery! Love the update!

    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this spread, the colours and circles, the combination is great.
    I love your new background and banner too.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, every time I come here I feel happy! Blue and green -- my colors! I smile! (Love the circles, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!