Thursday, January 13, 2011

A New Year, A New Look....

I'm always late with things....with the exception of being someplace on time. That I can always accomplish but when it comes to getting things done I'm late. I meant to re-vamp my blog at the very beginning of the year and here it is the 13th and I'm just now getting it done! I guess better late than never.

Mostly I put off doing things like this because I'm not techie in the least. Everything about that kind of stuff is just gobble-de-gook to me! And each time I manage to make a change in my blog I can't remember how I did it the next time and have to go through it all again.

I'm still working on my latest drawing....



She's coming along very slowly. There's a lot of detail and I'm doing it all in pencil before I begin adding ink or anything permanent. The problem is that my hand keeps going numb while I'm drawing! So be patient with me and soon I may have a finished picture to show you.

In the meantime I'm also doing some art in my journals. This page is just getting started and I have a lot more to do to it before I'll be happy with it.



I like the colors and will probably keep going with colored pencil, markers, etc....

That's all for today. I hope to get around to visit some blogs later. I know I haven't been doing much of that recently. I hope you all have a fun day....smile, laugh, play. It's good for you!

14 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i love the new look! it ROCKS! you go, janet! love the art in the banner, too. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour turquoise - beautiful

    the detail you put into these girls is amazing.. no wonder your hands go numb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog banner!! LoVe iT!! Your girl looks like she's going to be worth the wait....love that "janet detail" i get to see when you complete a drawing!!

    And GOOD for you to be an "on-time" girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, I love, I love the new look.
    It describes you and your talent so well. WOW.
    I also like the drawings.

    I have to come here more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really like the new look Janet, so fresh and turquoise is one of my favourite colours.
    You certainly put a lot of time into these ladies. I can't wait to see her finished. I hope your hand stops going numb. That is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet...Your blog change looks great! I like the heading banner. The whole look works! I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish your drawing. I think I have the most fun working in my journals.
    Later,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun change Janet! Pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lovely suprise when I visited your blog this morning - love that background and the new header! and re your art..well you know what they say - all good things are worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love your new look, it is you. You have inspired me to do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new look, I am not techie either and that is why I have not updated my blog yet either. Love your new girl, she will be amazing I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new look suits you. Your drawing looks amazing already; can't wait to see it inked up.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! I love the new look. The art in the banner is wonderful. Did you ever think of making cards from some of your art? I know they would do well...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching up after being gone for the conference. Once I get the house cleaned for company (tonight -- yikes!) perhaps I'll be able to settle into art again. I hope so. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Janet! Love your new blog especially the banner! It's sooo you...
    Pretty colors on your journal page...you always inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!