Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spring is #1,126!!!

When I logged on to do this post I noticed that I've done 1,125 posts! I'm such a chatterbox! I don't pay close attention to the number of posts and had just been thinking about doing something special when I hit 1,000....guess I'm too late! So here goes 1,126....

Yesterday was laundry day but since the laundry room is very close to my studio I was still able to get some art finished. I was in the mood to work in my art journal but which one. I got out several and looked through them and finally found a couple of pages with painted backgrounds ready to go.


(all photos are clickable to view larger)

The pages were done in sort of a drab green/olive color that wasn't too cheery so I added just a touch of gesso. I used one of my hand-carved eraser stamps to make some little white circle designs and they reminded me of flowers. That gave me the idea to use the print-out of one of my art pieces.

I had printed out some of my art and this piece somehow got water dripped on it and when I wiped it off it took a little swipe of the color with it. Good for an art journal page though so with that in mind I pulled out some pink scrapbook paper and the right side page was born. It made me think of spring. (The words were added later so they don't make sense unless you look at the spread as a whole.)



On to the left side....I work backwards, I guess....I used another pink paper and then added a little ATC that I had made a long time ago. I didn't like it and so had never done anything with it but for this it seemed to work. After that all I did was add some words with my white paint pen, outline them with black and do a few doodles here and there and the left side was finished....



Today is another busy day so I'm not sure what kind of art I'll get done but I'm sure something will happen in the studio.

Have some fun today....laugh and smile....and think happy thoughts.

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on being well past 1000 posts!
    I really like what you've done with these pages. The print out and the ATC go together so well it's like they were made for each other.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really sounds like a lot of post when you look back. but wow, look how far past you are. there's just so much to write and share. keep it up. always enjoy seeing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Janet, that journal page is a favourite!! So so pretty...love it!... I was quite a few past my 1000 before I realized it. Good for us eh! Takes some tenacity to stick with a blog this long! So glad you stuck around! Love the new colors on your blog too... even though I am passionate about purple, a change is as good as a rest!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing how your journal page came together, Janet...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! And that other piece that you added to it really works well here!! Good thing you hold on to all your art!! When-o-when did you say Spring was going to get here??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ready for spring so send it my way. The pages are wonderful, full of great colors wonderful lettering and fin images. You are definetly back into your art groove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can I not have happy thoughts when I see such beautiful pages like these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful book..I am making my first right now. I love how bright and fresh the colors are.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet...that's a lot of posts!

    I like the colors you used on this spread...they do look spring-like. I like how you used your little stamps...they add the right touch! Cheers and happy arting!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you re-do pages and find uses for stuff youve made before. Thats a good tip. I tend to be too lazy and just leave stuff once I've made it even if I havent been happy with it. I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great color combination, these are the kind of pages that please the eye and bring a smile, the thought that spring is just around the corner, now that is worth smiling about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy bezillions of posts! I'm not quite to 700 and was feeling rather smug! Not anymore!

    I love your booboo -- an opportunity in disguise, as most are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pink and green combo looks so much like Spring! Love your new pages...AND you new banner! Enjoy your week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art journal seems to be coming along great with spring already in the air makes me want to get up and dance and hug the sunshine, however we been having a lot of nice spring like weather here anyways.

    Bright happy colors really seems to make a differences. Your work is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's an incredible number of posts - well done! Glad to see that your artistic inspiration is still flowing - things to make us think of spring are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! The flower on the hat does add a lot to it, I say go for it. The cards I saw are awesome. I am at the beach and our connection is so slow it won't load them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these pages Janet, they have given me some happy thoughts so thank you. Thanks for your thought process too. Always fascinating to hear how a page comes together for someone else.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. turqoise and pink, love the combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!