Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Classes and Springtime....

Even though I promised myself I wasn't going to do any more classes/workshops right now, I signed up for two! Yes, I know....I'm bad! I signed up for Julie's new class called Mixed Media Melange. I couldn't resist. We're going to be working with clear vinyl, tyvek, and plexiglas among other things. It sounds like fun. And then I also signed up for Monica's Mixed Media Art Quilt Doll workshop. I don't usually do much with fabric but this might be fun. I love art dolls.

Other than those two classes and getting my supplies together I haven't been doing much in the studio. Mostly just piddling around with this and that....not really creating anything, just playing with my art supplies.

I did manage a simple art journal page a few days ago....


all photos are clickable to view larger

This has many layers of paint because I kept working and working on it and didn't like anything I did. I just kept covering it with more paint! I still don't really like it but at least I finished something.



I stamped the words and some of them sort of smeared a little bit. It's definitely not a piece of "art" but more an experiment in how things can go wrong!

As most of the country is dealing with snow again, I thought the message that spring is on the way might help cheer you up!

13 comments:

  1. This was my day to start a class too, Janet. I haven't been talking abut it too much as I'd been trying to talk myself out of it. Drop by and see the story of my failure to talk myself out of it. LOL

    Oh, p.s. Like your latest here. I'm off now to check out the card making post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's beautiful...sometimes
    artists make very happy accidents! I know you have no snow Janet but I sure wish I had some! We have the cold with sunshine...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your page Janet, if feels like spring is coming for you. These experimenting pages can sometimes teach us the most, even if it is just to find out what we don't like
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to what and where you go with the Art Doll!!! have fun, they have a habit of becoming your friends xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If taking classes makes you happy, why stop?
    I don't think art is meant to be perfect. Your piece here looks good to me.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The classes sound fun, one day I will try one but I need to get to a place where I have some sort of routine back in my life. I like the Spring page it really is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't agree. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your classes! The art quilt dolls sound like a lot of fun! I like layers...it's always art when you put a line or a stroke of paint down.
    We missed the snow and ice but it's really bitter cold.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Springtime journal page. We could really use some spring here in NH, we've had over 40 inches of snow in the past week and temps are in the single digits.
    i need some sunshine, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are having such fun! I love it! Beautiful colors. On a night like tonight, and despite groundhog recommendations -- I am SO ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. janet - what you consider to be not good art always looks great to me even that page you dont like - looks ok to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ps...looking forward to seeing your new art dolls etc... sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so pretty. By the way your banner is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!