Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A New Face....

I think it's time for some art today. This is done on a small stretched canvas. It's about 8 x 10" ....a little smaller than I like to work on but it's the canvas I grabbed first this morning.



I didn't take a lot of time with this painting (and it shows!!)



Her face needs work, especially around her chin and the eye on the right....and so does the ribbon. I'll most likely work on her a little more tonight. If I do, I'll show you what I change but for now here she is....a WIP!!

11 comments:

  1. I love your WIP.....love the way you wrap the ribbon around her head with the bird holding it...so cool......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way she has two tone face... I would have never thought of that.... its good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,

    Oh I love all the color.... Looking forward to see what else you do with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours in her face are unusual, but work so well. That's the mark of a true Artist..nice work Janet..
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way your WIP is evolving. The colours are great and I like the different style you are doing
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is all about the ribbon, it just makes it. Love all the colors. hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Janet, the color is great and I love the bird with the ribbon, too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats again on having your studio featured in the Studio mag!!! I really really like this face...she is lovely as she is but show us if you do anything else...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK -- I read backwards! By the way, I love your new blog colors/background, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!