Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Some of My Blog Friends....

First off today I want to share with you a project from one of my blog friends Phoenix Peacock.



There's a button over there on my sidebar that will take you to the page or you can go here to learn all about it. Basically it's an art journal that will be passed around. You will have it for one week. Here's what PP says about it on the blog....

(1) Write or art journal about a community member(s) who influenced your life in a positive way. This could be peers, co-workers, bosses, teachers, church members, strangers, the person you sat next to on a train, really anyone who is a community member (but not family). What did they do? How did it effect you?
(2) Give love. Do one good deed that is not something you would ordinarily do and write or art journal about it. This could be as simple as smiling at everyone for one day if you don't usually do that, it could be volunteering your time, helping a neighbor, or anything else that serves the purpose of making somebody's day better and is not something that you already do.


I hope you can join in and help with this project.

********************************************

Recently Zorana had a sale in her etsy shop. I happily took advantage and bought one of her rosin paper journals. It came in the mail yesterday and I'm thrilled with it.



Not only did I get a new journal to work in but I also got a beautiful piece of Zorana's art on the front cover.



The back cover is very cool, too....it's all stitched and painted and looks fantastic. The picture doesn't do it justice!




Plus Zorana included this little purple bird card as a thank you! I feel as if I should be the one saying thank you for all the wonderful goodies.

If you've never painted on red rosin paper you should try it. It's a wonderful surface that takes paint really very nicely plus you get a huge roll of the stuff at a very low price. I have a roll that I found at Lowe's in the paint department.

I haven't had much inspiration the past few days so there hasn't been much going on in the studio. Mostly I've been going from one thing to another with nothing getting accomplished.

12 comments:

  1. Janet,

    lucky you to have one of those journals. Red rosin Paper is pretty cool stuff. I have a roll of it too. I have not painted on it for awhile. Maybe its time. I hope you find some new inspiration soon.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet;
    I am so glad you have the button for Phoenix project. I have to post this on my blog too. It will have to wait until I get home from work.
    I love what you got from Zorana. I have followed her site for a few years now and am always inspired!
    Don't worry about your inspiration, it will come back!
    Big hugs and blessings to you.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, What a great journal.....haven't tried red rosin but I will now.......

    By the way, I painted my shoes so please come and see them......You are a real inspiration.....

    www.createdforajourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a roll of rosin paper that that I had my friend who was driving back from arizona bring me, I have not used it yet, they dont carry it here. Though I could share it with the whole street and still have some left over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet...I haven't ever seen red rosin paper or maybe I have and didn't know it. Zorana's journal looks amazing...I'll have to check her shop and see if she has any left. I got the postcard yesterday...thanks so much...love it :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for putting up my button! I have still had problems trying to get it in my blog with a grab button, but I just don't have time for that right now.

    I also had not updated my blog (SHAME ON ME!!!) with the new and improved, directives. So no longer is it a round-robin, because I dont have time and others felt like they wouldnt have time to do both directives given just one week. So instead, individuals will mail me their pages, which will be put into a journal. I'm still trying to figure out how to pay back the artists to make it worth their while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The journal project sounds fun, but I think I may have enough on my plate at the moment. I remember you telling us about the red rosin paper before, still have to get some as I would like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. rEALLY NICE ART! I NEVER HEARD OF THE PAPER BUT I'LL LOOK FOR IT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought of going to Lowes for a paper supply! I'll have to check it out -- I need to make a visit there fairly soon.

    The journal is gorgeous -- simply love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful journal Janet.
    The project sounds inspirational, I know you will have a lot of enjoyment from it.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thejournal you got is gorgeous. Love the colors and the stitching on the back. Zoranas site is very lovely. I have some red rosin paper that a friend sent me, but have I tried it yet??? Nooooo So many things I want to do. Can't wait to see what you've been making. doll class, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely journal by Zorana! Thanks for the link ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!