Monday, February 14, 2011

A Week of Celebrating....



It's "LOVE" day!! And it's also the beginning of the week of my blogs fifth anniversary. I started my blog on February 19, 2006 and I've loved every minute of it.

When I started I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I had discovered blogs and wanted to be a part of Blogland. Mostly I started the blog so I could comment on other blogs. In the beginning I just wrote about personal things....I didn't have the nerve to show any of my art.

Obviously I got over that! Now I show you everything....the good, the bad, and the ugly!!



A couple of days ago I came across these postcards and other larger pieces of mail art stuffed in a box and I thought how sad. I should send these to someone. So just to say a little "thank you" to all the people who visit me, leave comments (which I love) and put up with all my craziness, all this week I'm going to be posting these postcards and other pieces of mail art.

Each day I'll show one piece that I'll send to someone. All you have to do is leave me a comment and tell me you'd like to be in that day's drawing. I'll use a random number picker and if you are the number chosen I'll send you that mail art. Be sure if you leave a comment that I have your email so I can get your mailing address.

This is just for fun. None of these postcards are masterpieces! But isn't it fun to get something in the mail other than bills and junk?

So here's today's postcard....



Nothing fancy! It's just some magazine collage, a few stickers, and I think the background was a paper towel that I painted. So if you want this postcard leave me a comment saying so and I'll put your name in the hat.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the next postcard drawing.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being 5!! I guess you get to go to school now, heehee! I'd love to be in your drawing for the postcards!! What a clever way to share :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'll have to borrow that idea next year.
    Count me in for the draw.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those early days Janet. You were the first person to send me an ATC, I still have it.
    Happy Valentine's day
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're 5 huh, now you are a big girl. What a great idea, of course I'd love to be in the drawing.

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your anniversary. I love seeing all of your artwork. If my ugly was as good as yours,I would be very happy. I would love to be in your draw
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just stopped by to thank you for stopping by and hope you had a qonderful V day with dh and off course congrats on being 5! doesnt the time fly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The postcard is beautiful...I love your art work! I love to have that one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes!!! i want it. please include me in the draw. congratulations on you fifth anniversary. i love your blog. thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it sure is a fantastic world this blogging world.. and mine is bettr for you being in it, Janet. You are always so kind and thoughtful and wise with your comments. thankyou & looking forward to the next 5 years of blogging friendship xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 5th Janet -time sure flies when youare having fun.
    Any piece of your art would be welcome in my home.
    Pick me--Pick me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, I would love to be in the drawing. I got my Studio's Mag yesterday - I have only had time to skim it but it looks pack full of fun ideas. Your page is awesome by the way. Even my DH thought it was cool to know someone in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me! Me! Me! I'm prolly too late for this one but the words are perfect for me so I'm trying anyway. Always love your art but you know that already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was gone yesterday most of the day...Congrats on five years!!! What a great idea! I'm probably too late for this one...I'll be back!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being a blogger for 5 years now... how exciting! I love postcards so please enter me in this draw. I'm just catching up so if I'm too late, it's okay.
    Hugs Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha! You're doing a cleanout! I think that's a great idea! You're one of those folks with so much talent the early stuff is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!