Followers

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Be Happy....

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it but I'm taking the She Art class by Christy Tomlinson. It's a lot of fun and she has a ton of videos. This class is closed but there will be another one starting in April, if you're interested.

Here is my first attempt at making one of the She Art girls....



I put my own spin on her and with one exception I like my girl....I put her arms in the wrong place! But since she's a bit whimsical I guess she will be ok for a first try....



I love doing backgrounds and this one came together very quickly with pink, yellow, aqua, and lavender craft paints, a couple of stamps, and some punchenella. I may add a little more later. I've ordered some rub-ons that might look cute. But for now she is happy singing, dancing and laughing.

Now I'm off to create a few friends for her. See you soon....

14 comments:

  1. Ooooo!! What delicate colors and what a happy persona you have given this lady! Always inspired when I enter your Art Room!! Thanks for the uplift in art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like so much fun. I can tell you enjoyed the creation of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janet, she's beautiful! And I love the background too. So pretty.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the mix of colour, pattern and texture. Very pretty.
    What are rub ons?
    Looks like you will have fun with this, I know you like creating 'ladies'..!
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable. She is certainly dancing to the happy colors of our upcoming Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful! I always think it is such fun to try out new ideas and techniques. Thanks so much for sharing your new experiences, it has given me some ideas and it is delightful to behold with her singing and dancing
    Johnina :^A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet...she's the cutest!!! I've never heard of She Art...I'll have to check that out. I love the background on this one...the girl has found a happy place to dance!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this girl! It is so wonderful! I want to take this class myself but am way extended on $$, as is life. I am hoping this is still going near the end of the year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is super cute!!The background happy and joyful. Perfect for the coming of Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your she-art ladies, they look like such fun. I may have to join her next class in April.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, Janet...I like where her arms are ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is 100 percent adorable and I just love the background especially -- but I love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this girl and looking forward to seeing her yet to be created friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet, I love her!! You know what I like best? Her gorgeous ballet legs! I am sorry I missed the feminine swap notice - I would have partnered with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!