Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Final Five....

First I want to say thank you for all the comments yesterday and the day before. I read each and every one but I didn't have time to respond to them as we were gone most of the day and by the time we got home in the evening I was zonked! Yesterday was the dreaded tax day with our accountant! Yuk! But it actually all turned out pretty good in the end. I didn't get much art done though. All I managed to finish was one bookmark....



She even has half buttons on her shirt but I think I cropped the picture too close for you to see them. I like working with half faces because then I don't have to worry about the eyes being the same! Plus there wasn't a lot of space on the bookmark to put a whole face. I thought this was more interesting.

And as promised here are close-ups of the final five postcards I mailed out....

This one went to Israel.

This one went to Illinois....the state where I'm originally from.

This one is flying to Serbia.

This one is on its way to The Netherlands.

This "flower child" with her tiara is going to New York.

They're all brighter then they appear here. You know me and my struggles with camera, scanner, color, etc! I loved making these postcards and plan on doing lots more of them so expect to see them popping up on my blog from time to time....and you may even find one in your own mailbox, if I have your address.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Janet;
    These are SUPER lovely. They are colored/painted so beautifully and I love the sayings you put on them as well. I would LOVE to receive one and I can send you one back , as I think you have my address! Only if you like! (Hint-hint) LOL
    Big hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. These postcards are so lovely. The she art class has obviously been really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I love the bookmark! Half faces are so cool!

    The postcards are so beautiful! I love how each one is so different - and so pretty. And, I like that you use sayings on them...Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, Janet, you have done some lovely art. I admire your active imagination. Each lady is unique and adorable. You're becoming a master!!!
    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so lovey and delicate! Pretty colors! You are so versatile...really amazes me!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really outdid yourself on these. What amazing faces and words and so forth. SOme luck y ladies are gong to get these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did such a great job, all your postcards are beautiful. if finally finshed my last. now ready for the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each one beautiful in their own right...wonderful creations, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes beautiful creations and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet the postcards are awesome, wish I would have had time to join in. Love the book marks and 1/2 faces are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! And I love the bookmark, too, which reminds me that I need to make some for my book club!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your ladies, Janet! I wish I had been on your list to receive one! I love the sentiments on the cards, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The recipients of these postcards are so very lucky. They are SO VERY pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love love love your postcards. will you be mailing in a envie???

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANKS! I received my post card today and I love it! I'm going to frame it and put it up, it's so lovely! I'm also glad you added your blog address because I'm very happy to have discovered your blog. I loved what I've seen so far, and I'm going to look around some more now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am finding it really hard to pick my favourite, I love them all so much. I am jealous of these lucky people receiving one of these. The sayings are so well put together with the paintings. Well done Janet
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!