Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some New Journal Pages....

Yesterday I had a very productive day in the studio. I had good success with a project that had been giving me problems....mostly due to the fact that I didn't read the directions fully and completely messed up my first try. This is a project that Lee and I are doing together so I can't show you yet....but soon. I'm happy with how it's turning out. I have to run out this morning to get one more thing to complete it and then it will be winging its way to Lee.

Besides working on that project I managed to do some pages in my art journal. They have been sadly neglected lately. After posting that photo of all the journals stacked up on the shelf I decided to drag one out and work in it.

This is one spread....

Left page....

Right page....

Second spread....

Left page....

Right page....


I haven't had time to do any journaling on them yet but it will happen. Today I'm going to run out to Joann's and then back here to finish these pages and start another project. It's a beautiful day! The birds are singing, the sun is shining and it should be about 79ยบ today. I hope your day is beautiful, too.....

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful journals. Love the citrus-y colors on the first spread. I took the girls to Borders after their gym class this morning, and looked through the CPS Studios mag to find your page. Very fun! I was curious as to how you ended up in their pages--did they "find" you via your blog and ask you to participate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet for the b'day greetings. I love your journal pages. I have been playing around with some lately. Strathmore has this series going, soooo I am giving it a try. I think I am to uptight. LOL I need you helping me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving those pages you mor productive that me today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is the coolest thing about Art Journal pages, the ability to come back to them and take it whereever it leads that day!! These are beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous journal pages Janet! I LOVE the green one especially, but I am partial to green! It's so nice to find time to art journal even if only working on the backgrounds and then coming back to do the journaling portions later. It is such a peaceful process!
    Hugs and blessings to you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blues and greens dazzle me beyond compare! Simply gorgeous! Nice journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Shangri-La pages, just gorgeous!! Glad your temps were nice; we're supposed to get snow tonight. Sigh. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your pages! I just love the greens you used. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lime green Janet (be dtill my beating heart).
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blues and greens in these pages Janet. So many great elements. I haven't touched my journal in a couple of weeks. Time to dig it out again
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!