Saturday, May 14, 2011

Clarification and Other Things....

Okay, I guess I'm not much good at expressing my thoughts and ideas because everyone seemed to think I was concerned about comments when I wrote yesterday's post. That was not my intent. I only mentioned comments because they're another way we all communicate.

Mostly what I was trying to find out was if blogging was getting to be too time-consuming for people. Everyone seems to want to communicate in quick snips like on Facebook and Twitter.

I am more than happy with the comments I receive here on my blog and I appreciate that you take the time to do that but if you just come by and read my blog that's okay, too. I don't feel the need for lots of comments....I don't have a blog just to get comments. I have a blog because I like sharing what I create and also getting to know other artists and seeing what they're doing. I have learned so much from the blogging community.

I'm not always the best at writing....I "know" what I want to say and I "think" that's what I've said but then when you read it, it comes out all differently.

**************************************************

On that note, I have a new blogger to tell you about....my youngest granddaughter has started a blog! She is interested in writing and has always lived a very natural life style so that's what her blog is about. I would love it if you'd pop over and welcome her to Blogland. You can find her here. Tell her Grandma Janet sent you!

**************************************************
I'm sure you're all wondering where the art is around here. Truth be told, I haven't done a lot of art over the past few days. Mostly just working on some backgrounds....


This one is strips I cut from magazines and catalogs. The right side isn't finished yet. When I have both pages covered I'll start adding paint and gesso and see where it takes me.


This one has book pages glued down and a preliminary wash of paint over it. I'm not sure where it's going either but it will be fun to see what appears.

Now I'm off to schedule this as HB and I have an appointment today that will keep me away from the studio. Have a great week-end....and remember to play!

9 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I do like that stripy one - must give that a go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you commmunicate unclarely. It depends on the receivers too.
    I'm more than courious about your spread with stripes. I really hope you will show that off when finished. Exiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet! My three cents..Is blogging dead? No.. I think it's sick though. :) I think that as technology grows and changes..and as new avenues become available for us to express ourselves with, it is only natural for some blogs to die. However, if you liken blogging to diary keeping or journaling...those blogs will be around forever. Will blogging die totally? No..not as long as there is money to be made by the hosts...if the hosts are around, bloggers will be around. It will all ebb and flow..

    We can blog if we want to...we can leave our friends behind..because our friends don't blog and if they don't blog well they're no friends of mine.. lol (Sing to the tune of Safety Dance- Men Without Hats)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Julie's "Safety Dance" rendition made me laugh!) I'm new to blogging. I started a blog a couple times and just couldn't sustain it (with newborns!). This time I'm managing to keep it going longer than ever before. But it takes a lot of "networking" on other people's blogs to keep readers coming to my blog, and that IS time consuming. I WANT to read all these other blogs, but I'm still working on the balance between blog-reading and doing all the other things I want and need to do. It was like that when I started Facebook, too...I would spend HOURS on it, finding people, messaging people, reading people's walls...and that has evened out since. I am waiting for blogging to take a similar path so I don't feel so overwhelmed trying to "keep up"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a background. I have never thought of covering the whole page with collaged strips and book pages, I usually only use collage as bits here and there. I am going to try this one for sure and can't wait to see what you do with yours.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a good writer and I totally understand you. Especially now. Love Blogging. FB and Twitter are just 10 seconds of meaningless chatter,
    while blogging can be so creative.
    Love you! Going to welcome your Gd
    to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm reading backwards! Wonderful! And I'll visit your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you think my friend. I too don't care about comments, I do it just for me and the occasional fellow traveler who finds me on their way! That and to keep a diary. I think you've got it right. I am sure you are an inspiration to your grand-daughter. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!