Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A Journal Page!....

Whew! I'm crawling out from under piles of stuff today in order to show you one little bit of art I've managed to do over the past couple of days. HB and I are still working towards simplicity and boy, am I tired!

He took a big load to the thrift store yesterday and I have another load almost ready for today. I'm telling you, this stuff must get together at night and multiply! I don't know how we got this much stuff!

Yesterday afternoon I took a break and did a little work in my art journal. I had one page that had a little paint smeared on it so I tackled that. I figured I could do one page!

Nothing spectacular but it felt good to do some art.


I outlined the flowers with white
and they look good in person 
but here they look different. I may add
some more to this page 
but I was just happy to get this much done.

And I got a nice surprise in the mailbox....

This is from Kate. She sent me a little bit of postcard love! She used Gelatos on the background....I have to get me some of them! Thanks, Kate....I love it!

That's about all the exciting news I have from here at Chez Stuff! I should get to the end of all this de-cluttering soon and then it will be back to lots more art. Thanks for hanging in there with me while I do all this boring clearing out.

21 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! Purple and blue is a favorite color combination for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chez Stuff! Too funny! (what a great name for a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!) Love the journal page ...color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those flowers you did. Love the the white outline too! So pretty. You are inspiring me to declutter...starting now!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrift store -- that's something I need to do. I seem to not be able to sit at my table and work. Maybe I'm reading too much. Frustrating! But you inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours are multiplying and I have a sock eating animal someplace in my house...
    Love your flowers they look great and the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have been clearing and simplifying for yrs but the stuff keeps on multiplying lol! I do like that postcard you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I thought to myself as soon as I saw your flowers that they looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those flowers you did. I am glad you liked the post card.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your page Janet, love the colours. Blue and purple are my favourite colours.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cleaning, makes me want to do some,

    ReplyDelete
  11. chez stuff - that is funny! but it is such a good feeling to rid yourself of the stuff we tend to hoard.. and you doing art in the middle of it all - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting rid of "stuff" is hard work but a great feeling when it is all done. The white outline on the flowers relly makes them stand out, pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're decluttering and simplifying? how fun! it's addictive though= the more you get rid off the more you want to get rid off. we're at it again too (decluttering that is).

    the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flowers....the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty page. Things look so cool outlined in white! What are Gelatos, some new kind of gel pen? That postcard looks really nice.

    We are de-cluttering too..again. Where does all this stuff come from? I haven't bought anything in ages..so it can't be MY stuff...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely page Janet. I really love the white outline on the flowers. Bellisima!!!
    Hugs
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. De-cluttering can be boring but you'll both be so happy once it's all done!
    Love the flowers.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Janet,
    What do you mean nothing spectacular?
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

    Sometimes the simple things appeal to most. I love them!
    Happy creating,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful flowers! Good for you on decluttering. I keep meaning to do it but never seem to be able to part with things just in case I need them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I probably should be clearing out stuff more - I tell myself, I sort of am - however, it's mainly just a little bit of stash-busting while flower-making. Love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. the flowers are really pretty, the color is really lovely, I need to get bak to the crafting table. You have been so busy, I hope for your sake it is almost done. Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!