Followers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Need More Time!!!....

Why can't we have an extra 10 or 15 hours in each day? I need that much just to keep up with all the fun things going on around Blogland. Today I'm going to the big box hardware stores to pick up some FREE art supplies! Yes, free journal making stuff! If you're curious check out this blog post and see what I'm talking about.

Then I'm off to one of the office supply stores to get more art supplies....I'm looking for a Rolodex! You may be too young to know what that is but if you check out Patty Van Dorin's blog you'll see what she does with these little cards. Take a scroll through her blog and be amazed at how a lowly little card can be transformed into beautiful works of art.

No wonder my brain is always spinning! There's so much to see and do and not enough time for all of it. YIKES!!!!
********************************************
Here is my index card for today....

Another five minute collage. 
I used a bit of painted paper, 
some other scraps from my paper box 
and words cut from a magazine. Voila!!

And I made three more tags....

These aren't really pretty....just functional.
My brain was tired when I made these!

I haven't added any fibers to the tags yet but I will. I have to locate all my little snippets of ribbon and yarn and see what I have. The past couple of days all I've wanted to do is simple little projects like these. My scrap paper box is overflowing and I need to either use it or get rid of it. 

I'm off to run some errands and get my Rolodex. I hope I don't melt! It's hot again today.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you do things ~ you are always inspiring me. Now I'm off to see Patty's blog and to use up my scraps! Blessings my friend! ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what! I just bought a Rolodex maybe two weeks ago, but haven't really started to play with it yet, because of everything else I have going on. It's been sitting on my desk (you can see it in my Wednesday WOYWW photos!). I am so excited to get started on some small collages...maybe even challenge myself to daily collages since I didn't take up the ICAD challenge. I'll look forward to seeing your project with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, could you let Gail know that i am unable to comment on her blog. I am having problems with some of the blogs and cannot get a answer as to what I can or should do. I love that you use everything, a scrap is not a scrap when you have it. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee when you find those extra 15 hours could you please tell me where to find them too please Janet. I just can't keep up with all the things I want to try, I feel like a mouse on a treadmill, running like mad but not going anywhere.
    Thanks for the great links, I can see a trip to the hardware store for me too and the rolodex idea is cool.
    Love your card and tags, I just love quick art when i am feeling rushed.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. would you be able to get one in a big stationary/office supplies shop? we have them here and thats where I have seen them over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet...I've been following Patty's blog...she's fantastic with paper! I love your index card! I think I'll wait until tomorrow or Sat and post the rest of the week's efforts.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!