Saturday, June 11, 2011

ICAD Catch-up Part 1....

Thanks for all the comments on my hair cut. Actually I have been wearing a version of this hair style for many, many years....it just keeps getting shorter and shorter! I'd love to be able to wear my hair extremely short all over my head but I'm not sure I could pull it off.
*******************************************
Over the past few days I've been playing catch-up on the ICAD challenge. I didn't buy my index cards until just a few days ago so I had to hustle to catch up but I finally made it.

Here are the first six of my cards....
some are just very simple collages using scraps.






I'll show you the next six tomorrow. I didn't want to put all 11 of the pictures on here today. So if I wait until tomorrow to add them I'll have six more and will be caught up. I'll probably add some embellishments to all of these as I go along but for now at least I'm caught up and can now just do one card a day for the remainder.

********************************************
Summer fruit is here!!!
This is just a little bit of the fruit I've been eating this week....

cantaloupe, Manila mangoes, regular mangoes, apricots, and peaches....
not in the picture are strawberries and banana.

Have a great weekend!!! 

11 comments:

  1. Yum, all of it!!! Your cards are so versatile! Wow good job! That fruit is so yummy....I bought nectarines today too! Happy creating!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again...your cards are great!!! I'm thinking I need to try that but I'll be way behind. I have some cards around here that I can cut down to size. It looks like a lot of fun!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy fruit - ours are on the wane here as its winter... and due to all the weather damage here bananas are now almost $16 a kilo so I buy one occassionaly as a treat! terrible isnt it?

    love those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet those IC's are really cool. I visited the ICAD site for the first time. Lots of inspiration there.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd kill for a banana Janet--in Oz they are $12.99 a kilo at present due to the floods in Queensland earlier this year,
    One banana could cost $5. if you wanted to pay that much.
    I'd have to morgage my house to buy a kilo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post cards, you have such a talent for putting the right images and colors together. The fruit made my mouth water, especially the Mangos. This week we have had pineapple and raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your ICADs, especially the snail mail one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll have to check out my sister's haircut...

    I'll be posting photos of her tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards, Janet...the last one made me smile. :)

    Those fruits look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fruit looks yummy! I love summer fruits except the $16/kg price on our bananas at the moment.
    Cute index cards Janet, love where they are going
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!