Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ice Cream and Other Celebrations....

Lately I've been reading about all the HOT weather everyone has been having around the country. Strangely we have had very mild temperatures....until today. It's supposed to reach 97ยบ here today. Not my favorite kind of weather.

When it's hot my thoughts turn to anything cold. Popsicles, iced drinks, and of course, good old ice cream!

This was a fun journal spread to make. I have had that image of the chocolate sundae in my stash for a long time just waiting for the perfect time to use it. Today seemed to be right.
Yum! Doesn't that look good?

I made the ice ream cone out of scraps of paper. 
A triple dip seemed appropriate.
Then I listed some of my favorite ice cream treats.

**********************************************
Here is my index card for today. This one was easy. I don't think I've spent more than a few minutes on any of these....quick and simple. Just the way I like it!

Happy 19th Birthday, Ryder!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hey Janet...while I was off commenting on your last post, you made another newer one. Yum for ice cream! I didn't realize it is Flag Day...great card for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun spread. And your background looks just like a fabric flowing in the wind. Especially the lower one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice cream is definitely my favorite treat I eat it all year round. Nice post
    Johnina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a very similar ice cream image in my head for a little while now...I love the way your pages turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. never too hot or cold for popsicles for me! love the page! fun spread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scream for ice cream too. one of my favourite desserts and chocolate fudge sauce is a must! A bowl of ice cream used to be a treat I shared with my dad too. Great page Janet and great card
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not one for hot weather but I do like an excuse for ice cream ;-). Love your spread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh hope the heat settles down. I am NOT a heat baby! So far so good around here! Last year was too hot for me! Love the ice cream art! I too love dairy queen, chocolate dipped cones, and buster bars!! lol That and pineapple gelato is the only ice cream I really love....it's not the first thing I think of to cool off....I was always more of a Popsicle girl, and rich creamy ice cream doesn't appeal to me at all!

    Stay Cool
    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrrr it is too cool to even think about Ice Cream right now, I rather have a nice cup of hot chocolate or at least another cup of hot coffee to go with this cool breezy day of ours here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do happen to like at how you had chosen just the right designs at making your ice cream cone even though just the thought of it gives me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ice cream theme -- really colorful and yummy spread! Lovely! And inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!