Followers

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Postcards on the Move....

I trust you all had a fun Memorial Day weekend here in the US. We cooked some burgers and hot dogs, HB made some potato salad, and I made fresh cherry ice cream. It was a good day!

You would think that since I haven't posted anything for about a week that I'd have tons of new stuff to show you but you'd be wrong! I have been puttering in the studio but right now I'm in one of those "what should I do next" moods. I did finish up my big postcards and now have about 10 of them ready to go.

I've been tweaking some of the older ones....adding little bits here and there just to jazz them up a little more.

You can see one of my boxes of scraps there on the right and I have another box of just long strips plus a small box of little scraps and images. That's not counting all the 12" x 12" drawers I have filled with images from books and magazines. I can keep making collaged postcards for a long time! And PS - don't look too closely at that fan in the upper right corner....I'm sure it has a nice coat of dust!

I'm putting a few of these in the mail today. More will go into the mail next week and the week after until they're all mailed out. Plus I have some regular sized postcards to mail out, too. I'm sending art love out to the world!!

19 comments:

  1. That batch should make your post office smile! What a group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful and beautiful. Hub made potato salad here too, but no cherry ice cream. Ooh the sound of that makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures make me smile! Such a colorful, bright, creative batch! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, how lovely cards. The bluebirds, blackbird, the lady with dress..... they are all small work of art. Hope the recievers know how lucky they are. Great job you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful! Some lucky recipients are going to be happy!

    The word thingy is coment, too funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canada is going on a postal strike as of tomorrow night...so don't send any to Canada... just thought I'd give you the heads up! Great creative energy!! Good job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did have a nice relaxing Memorial Day. Love what you are doing Janet.
    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Janet.Your work has evolved beautifully since I started following your blog. The recipients of them postcards are going to be mighty pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet,
    How lovely to send 'art love' out to the world.
    Looks like you've had way to much fun doing these postcards, lol
    Happy creating,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful gifts to send out into the world Janet! If you're looking for a home for one of them... you have my address! LOL! Big hugs to you. I love all of your postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet! I loved what you said...
    "I'm sending art love out to the world!" I realize that is what I have been doing lately. I get prints of my photos & art at Wolf Camera for 7 cents a piece so I am able to give them to my friends and fellow art lovers. Thanks for putting it into words. The art has been flowing for me in so many different directions & I am loving it. I haven't had time to post pics on my blog though. Sorry. Soon. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVING the look of that happy art table! You HAVE been productive. I got things planted, cleaned up, but no art. Yet. Can't even dig down to the scanner to photograph the OLD art! This too will pass. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Had to stop by after being away forever and wanted to say ho to you Janet :)

    Tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet...what a great bunch of cards...I love the one with the bluebird on it. You have been busy to make ten cards...you will make some people happy!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cherry ice cream sounds delicious...and those postcards are delicious too! My favorite kind of collage. Your recipients are LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM...I LOVE home-made potato salad!

    Your desk sure shows signs of a creative genius at play....just look at all those gorgeous postcards! The recipients are going to be very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks as though you are having fun making wonderful postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a gorgeous bunch of cards. It makes me happy just looking at them. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. they are gorgeous!
    lucky people very lucky whoever get them, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!