Followers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Morning Catch-up....

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend is going along good. I'm doing some blog reading catch-up in between watching some videos, and doing a little art.

Yesterday I didn't get much art done because I spent most of the day in the kitchen. I know....me in the kitchen! That usually doesn't happen unless I'm baking. But with all the wonderful summer produce available I decided to make a few things for later. So I made a batch of refrigerator pickles....


The color makes them look a little weird but believe me, they're delicious. They taste a bit like bread and butter pickles.

Then I decided to make a couple batches of freezer jam. I made strawberry and blackberry because I had both those fruits on hand and they needed to be used.

I like freezer jam because it's fast, easy to make, and it tastes just like fresh fruit. I had some this morning on a piece of toast using homemade bread (bread machine!) and it was so yummy.

The only art that I've done over the past couple of days has been my index cards. Here is the one from yesterday....


And this one is the one I did this morning. It seemed appropriate for a Saturday morning....


There are some new classes that are interesting. Mary Ann Moss has a new class called Full Tilt Boogie. It's a book making class and looks like a lot of fun. Her classes are always good. They're some of my favorites. And Mystele has a series of classes beginning in about a week. They're also about making books. The first one is called Junquey Signatures. Mystele is also one of my favorites for classes. Her Gut Art class is fantastic!!

With that I'm off to continue my day. Have some fun....

19 comments:

  1. So here is another try at leaving my response here, my first attempt didn't go through. Aaaaaaaa!

    I like at how you did the morning wake up call, that came out great, and wow you were busy yesterday whipping up some delicious goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Glimpses Studio site looks like fun! I am tempted by that Full Tilt Boogie Class. Love the look of your jams...perhaps you could share how you make them? Great "wake up" index card...looks like you're having lots of fun with that challenge! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love freezer jam! You have inspired me to make some soon! The kids will love it! I love mysteles art, have made books with Violette. Cute rooster too! What would a world without color be? Depressing....I LOVE color too! Have a sweet weekend!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet,

    those jams look so good. I too love freezer jam, its the only kind I like to make.
    I love your index cards. They look do fun. Did you make the rooster paper? Ah more classes to entice. it always seems to be that way.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. pickles and jam and the cards...i say you've been busy! Love the AWAKE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. could you tell me, janet, how to make freezer jam? i always have lots of berries around and sometimes cant use them fast enough, even with smoothies. looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you have been busy,, looks yummy!I going now to see the book making ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cards, the rooster was so great, the colours everything

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi...I'm late getting around...your jam and pickles look so good! Both of these index cards are superb! Love the rooster!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Someone has been a busy little bee! I love me some pickles and freezer jam. I too would like to know how you make your freezer jam! Great index card too! Hugs, Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow pickling... I am v impressed! love he card too... hey janet... how and where do you get your card/art titles from? I am mean the words that you write on a page? or card? do you just do a random? or is there a page I could go to for some title inspirations?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, you have soooooooo much energy!!! Send me some! Wow, homemade bread, jam, pickles, and more art! Don't you wish we had more time in a day to do it all? I think you did it all though yesterday!!! :)) Have never heard of freezer jam...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have been a busy girl. I have never really done pickles, I bet they are good. Yummie Saturday.
    I am trying to focus on doing something, anything that would bring me our of this depression. I am better, but not well. I went back and looked at some of the things I have missed, it was fun.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow,,,I stay away for a while and come back to find you are becoming a domestic goddess! LOL,,,canning and freezing and doing great art as usual. Love the idea of your index card art! Don't faint,,but I finally did a blog post. Please stop by. I have been meaning to e-mail you but I have even been bad about e-mailing too. But I am still doing Art.
    Missed you alot!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pickles loo to die for. I'm a sucker for pickles but have never had the nerve to make them. I can taste them from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just been blessed with an ice cream bucket of strawberries! I guess I need a freezer jam recipe...it sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love to cook!
    and i have done jams and preserves too
    and it is messy but wonderful too
    i love Mystele and Mary ann!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen that freezer jam before, I will have to try it, sounds so much better than the sugar laden jam off the shelves.
    Fun cards Janet, the chook is cool
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've enjoyed catching up with your wonderful blog today, Janet. Your work is always so inspiring! Btw, your refrigerator pickles had my mouth watering...YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!