Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sweet Sixteen....

I was pretty much absent from Blogland yesterday....it was my 16th wedding anniversary, and 21 years to the day since I met HB. We had a fun day and then last night we went out for dinner. As we were waiting for our meal, HB saw a guy he knew and he came over to our table to say hello. During the brief conversation the guy mentioned that he and his wife were there celebrating their anniversary! June 24th must be a good day for a wedding.

********************************************
My index card for yesterday reflected my special day....


Here's my card for today....
I used scraps from the project below.

I've had this face for quite awhile.
It's from a Cirque Du Soleil ad.
 I printed it and reversed it so I would have mirror images.

Sorry, the pages are trying to curl up on the corners
so it was difficult to get a good shot.

I may add a few little doodles here and there, not sure. I have to look at it for a few days and decide. For now I'm calling it done. Today I plan to work on my pink project for the Summer of Color. I already have my background finished so it shouldn't take too long. Have a great weekend....

19 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Love the cards. I keep thinking I'll join in ... just can't quite get myself going. It will come! Meanwhile, I'll enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and loving your journal pages. See you on Pink Day. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice time, I love to eat out, and Happy Anniversary, I think I get so caught up into the 23rd...you would think it would help me remember?????
    I really like these post cards,and what a good idea to use with the face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,
    Yeah, a great start on the rolodex cards.
    Congratulations on 16 yrs of marriage!
    The printed mirror image in your journal is a great idea, thanks for sharing.
    Creative hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you both had a wonderful 16th Anniversary! Your last picture of the Face came out great using both sides of the book really gives it personality just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Love your cards and pages as usual! I will be by to enjoy your pink week entry. I got this week's done early for a change. Time in the studio has been very scarce these past few weeks so now I am "free" to do other art I've been itching to work on, lol.
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to you!! I really like the papers on the Cirque du Soleil spread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary Janet to you and Dh!love those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely index cards and tags too! like your style and the way you use up those 'scraps.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!
    Love the cards and the Cirque pages.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Also a lovely index card to remember it by. I do so like the journal page with the face split over the two pages. Such a striking image. I do sp love their act.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary(belated). I know you had a good time together, you always do! Nice cards, and I love the Cirque pages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Your pages look fabulous.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary Janet. Love your cards, you will have a lovely book when you have finished.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary Janet!

    Love the pages. Love he way you two pages out of the face. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated anniversary!! We celebrated 10 years on the 3rd of this month. I love the Cirque Du Soleil image...the page looks wonderful! Love the index card too!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! It was so smart to make a mirror image of that face, great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary, my friend. Simply lovely in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A little late - but happy 16th anniversary to you and HB!

    Here's to many, many more! ~*clink*~ CHEERS!!

    (My elder kids' celebrated their 15th anniversary on the 29th. June sure is a popular month for honeymoons! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!