Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goin' Hollywood!

Last night HB and I went to a meet and greet followed by a screening for a project he's been involved with for the past few months. I took lots of photos along the way so I thought I'd take you along with me as we drive through Hollywood.


We drove right past The Hollywood Bowl. When I lived down in the L.A. area I loved going to The Bowl on a summer evening. You can take food and drinks and have a picnic on the beautiful lawns that surround it....and you can bring your food and drinks right into The Bowl and enjoy it along with the music.


Rows of palm trees are always beautiful to me.

LOTS of billboards are everywhere....

and even Paris Hilton!
You can see that there was quite a bit
of traffic but it wasn't too bad.

The Rolling Stone Restaurant

More billboards....

Some lovely old architecture....

and some bizarre stuff, too!

The famous Hollywood Blvd although we weren't 
at Hollywood and Vine.

The meet and greet was outside under this beautiful pergola. The weather was perfect and by evening the breeze was even a bit chilly. Everyone stood around and chatted while enjoying some wonderful Indian finger food and tea that was grown on the host's family's tea plantation in India.
This area was just past the long pergola....
looks like a peaceful place to relax.

And this fountain was even further back past the outdoor tables.

Then it was time to head back home....


These are the lights of our little town as we whizzed along on the freeway. Just as I snapped it we hit a bump in the road so it's all crazy but I like it anyway.

I hope you enjoyed this little peek at Hollywood....at least a tiny piece of it. 
**********************************************

And because I haven't posted for a few days here is a montage of my latest ICADs....I haven't done one for today but so far I've completed a card for each day since we began. I'm determined to finish this challenge!


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday....

14 comments:

  1. as crazy and busy & smoggy as L.A is, there is something beautiful about it. I have been there a number of times, some passing through and sometimes staying in the outskirts.. those palm trees always get me - they are so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad you took us along on your trip! And a big congratulations to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for taking me to Hollywood with you! Been a LONG time since I have been there!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the quick trip to Hollywood Janet, I enjoyed it.
    Looks like a busy but fun day.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet,
    I like your profile pic. Very pretty. So you were in my neck of the woods. It's amazing that people think it's smoggy because it's not anymore... certainly not like it used to be when I moved here 15 years ago. There are worse cities for sure. I hope you had a great time. There is a wonderful energy in L.A.
    Cheers!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. never having been in real life I DID enjoy the visit to hollywood! more another time please if you can I find these peeks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that enjoyable trek through Hollywood! Never been so it was fun! Sounds like a great time! Love the scenery!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pictures may be the only way I ever see Hollywood. I love the movie Pretty Woman and the part where the guy says "Welcome to Hollywood"....looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed seeing all the photos of your day. It sounds as if you had a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow I wish I lived close enough just to jet into LA and come home...my visa would not last long. I am loving your index cards, and cant wait to see what your doing on your canvases

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the "tour" of Hollywood! I went once when I was high school to visit a friend, and took a whirlwind one-day tour. I definitely want to spend more time there to really explore. Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been a few years since I was in Hollywood. We would go to see first showings of movies, that was always fun. And it was a fun place to show off cars. Your pictures are great, I can hardly believe all the billboards. It's smoggy, but Holly is right, it was worse. What you don't see is the O zone and that is still a very large problem. Southern Califoria was our home till the late 80's.
    HB must have been very proud. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet! Now this was a trip down memory lane for me. First off I worked at an office on Sunset 9000 block (just before bev hills) as a business manager in the industry.
    Then my husband was an accomplished musician and rocked the Bowl a few times. You brought up some good memories for me! Wow, sometimes I really do miss L.A.!
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!