Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Still Here and I'm Learning!!

I'm still here! I know I haven't posted anything in almost a week but HB and I have been super busy with some personal/business stuff.

There's so much going on right now and I have been doing my index cards. I'll post them tomorrow and get you caught up but today I want to share a painting I just finished.

You may remember quite some time back I showed this painting I had started. It's been sitting in the studio staring at me ever since. Today I finished it! I tried some new techniques I just learned.


She went in a completely different direction from what I had originally planned but I love her. And she looks even better in person. That's metallic gold on her neck piece but it doesn't show on here. She's about 8" x 24" and I painted the outside edge in dark brown. I'm thinking about putting her up for sale.

I'll be back tomorrow with some index cards. Enjoy your Sunday evening....

18 comments:

  1. She is adorable and I am sure she would be snapped up quickly if you sold her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog- it's so encouraging to get comments :)I'll have more pics tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet...she's lovely...I love the head scarf and the gold neck piece. It works!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely Janet. I love the greens, you should be pleased with her and I am sure she will sell quickly.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nobody does women better than you, I love her and you should put her up for sale,

    ReplyDelete
  6. janet - she is gorgeous!!! Looks full of eastern promise... and a bit mysterious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Janet she is amazing.. What a good job. Great depth, and her lips are luscious.. Quite realistic and mysterious!! I'd have a hard time letting her go if it were me...

    Hugs Gigges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Janet she is amazing.. What a good job. Great depth, and her lips are luscious.. Quite realistic and mysterious!! I'd have a hard time letting her go if it were me...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks great! Lovely and a little mysterious!
    It is good to finish something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's wonderful, Janet and she needs an exotic name!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She makes me think of Cleopatra, wonderful job, You outdid yourself with this one,

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful and I love the half face. It gives an air of mystery. I have no doubt she will sell well if you do decide to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Beautiful...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is very nice. I'm so impressed by your way of finding the right face colour. Gives me something to stretch against. Thank you for all your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's beautiful Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so beautiful and full of mystery..I love Her...
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's beautiful and quite exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's lovely Janet! I love her nose ring too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!