Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I Did on My Blog Break....

Today I'll show you a few of the things I made while I was on my break. I didn't do art every single day but I tried to keep involved with it. A few days I spent just throwing paint on a huge piece of red rosin paper. It didn't end up going anywhere so I cut it up and used it for some smaller projects....




The three pieces above are about 4" x 6" and I layered them onto scrapbook paper that is 5" x 7"....they really are centered even though the scans look like they aren't. I put them in dark frames and I think they look good. The scans don't really do them justice but when I tried to photograph them that was even worse. Why is art so difficult to photograph?


You can see them on the right side of the mantel in the photo above along with some of my other art. I just had them sitting there so I could see what they look like from a distance. They aren't all going to stay there! In fact none of them will. Most of these pieces are going to the hair salon.

I'll show you more tomorrow but for now that's it.

12 comments:

  1. they are beautiful and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft, muted colors, Janet. And I especially like all the pieces lined up on the mantel. The impact of so many together is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them, they look great on the mantel, cant wait for you to take pictures in the hair salon, when are they going there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that little vignette on your mantel. I see it quite often on design shows...Make sure to take photos in the salon... Very nice work...

    Big hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and I agree about photographing art- it's so frustrating sometimes. Maybe I need anew camera...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, good! You're back! I've been a bit MIA this summer, too -- posting but not reading. But now that I'm back, I am glad you are. And I do love your creations. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Janet, I love the birdie one of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful Janet. So beautiful. They will look awesome at the hair salon. Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art is wonderful Janet. I suppose I have missed something, but why are you taking them to the salon? xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like these pieces Janet, especially the birdcage one. i'm sure all your paintings will look fabulous in the salon.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great! I know what you mean about photographing artwork, I struggle with that, too but I think your look fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!