Thursday, September 01, 2011

I Finished the ICAD Challenge!

When I began the ICAD challenge I wasn't sure if I could do it or not because I have a nasty habit of jumping into a challenge and then life gets in the way and I don't finish. But this time I not only finished, I did a card every single day....no days off for me.

True, some of the cards are not masterpieces but I don't think that was the idea anyway. I think it was more of a challenge to get us to do some little bit of art each day....to keep at it. And that's what I did. Some days were better than others and the cards reflect that.

Here are the rest of my ICADs....



There are enough cards in my spiral book to continue through September 8th and I plan to do that but I won't bore you with them.

************************************************
HB and I have been working to get my art up in the salon....BIG job. I promise to show pictures of it when we finish. In the meantime here is another piece I did on my break....


No matter what I did, I just couldn't get the colors right on this piece. It has a lot of greenish-gold and some blues and browns. The quote says "The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies" - by Gertrude Jekyll. It's done on a 12" x 12" wrapped canvas.

Now that the ICAD challenge is over, I plan to do more of my own art. No more challenges for me right now!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finished the ICAD Challenge. I was just happy to get one month done! I love the *Garden* piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a finished task. Well done. It suited my heart so much when you say one never get too old to buy toys. That one I fell for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the canvas and the quote! Good job finishing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finshing, just like me, i did not think I could do it, but we did. I think the color is perfect on the canvas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the canvas is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you completing the project.I don't do swaps for that reason alone! Pretty piece with the garden saying. I'm sure you'll have more opportunities after the salon showing. Just keep doing it as though you'll have another show!! Price them too!!! Good luck my friend!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about starting something and then ???
    This is a great canvas and I love the quote.How did you do the circle of dots? Can hardly wait to see the shop wall of art.
    Leaving in the morning, catch up with you the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the canvas Janet. Congrats on the challenge too, you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing the challenge, Janet. I know it wasn't always your favorite thing. Do you think the discipline of it served you well in some way? I notice that any kind of challenge or eCourse really takes away from me pursuing my own original projects, and it can be a little irritating, frankly! (though there are a lot of positive aspects to doing such things, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you did it.I have enjoyed watching you do this. I love your latest art and that is one of my favorite quotes. I say it over and over as I watch the 1000 lb. plus Elk nibble away at my gardens. LOL :-@ (me sticking my tongue out at the beast)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing the ICAD Challenge!

    I love your work and appreciate you joining my art blog hop.

    I really enjoy following your blog and find such inspiration in it.

    All the best,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on finishing a challenge that long, it's impressive that you did a card each day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great work on keeping up with the challenge Janet. I don't think I could have kept it up.
    i feel the same way about creating art, or not being able to create art when i am obligated to do it. It's so hard but if we get commissioned to do something we have to find some way around it don't we? When you find that way please let me know and I'll do the same :)
    Great canvas Janet and i like the verse
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!