Monday, September 19, 2011

A Little Clarification....

Hi everyone! Did you have a fun weekend? Mine was quiet with a little bit of art but with laundry and other chores thrown in there, too.
*********************************************
After so many comments, I thought I should clarify something about my non-dominant hand drawings. I don't do the entire picture like that. I only draw the shape of the face and the beginnings of the features with my other hand. The rest of it is done with my usual hand. I didn't want you to get the idea that I was painting and doing everything with my non-dominant hand. I'd be really impressed if I could do that!!

Here's a bunch of the ones I've done. They're just waiting for me to finish them! There are probably at least 25 pages all with the outline of a face....


Some of these are too plain. I like the quirkier ones so some of these probably won't ever be used.

***********************************************
There are some fun things going on around Blogland right now. There's a FREE stencil class here at Balzer Designs and Carla Soneheim is doing a challenge with sidewalk cracks and painting blobs! You'll have to check it out to see what I mean.

Okay, it's back to the studio for me and maybe some new art to show tomorrow. Those phone book pages are calling to me. I hope your Monday is fantastic!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, I see a few ladies drawing faces on telephone book pages. I think it's a great idea! It looks like so much fun. Hmmm.. I wonder if I still have a phonebook at home, whenever I need a number I just look it up online!
    Hugs and blessings.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured that's how you did it! Thanks for the great links...fun sites!! Have a great week...look forward to more quirky faces!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see how these all come together. do you always start your faces with this simple little drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. shawn3:12 PM

    Hi Janet! Thanks for the encouraging words and yes I am feeling better today :) I watched the stencil class and IMMEDIATELY went to my studio to do a little art! So FUN!I even had some molding paste and tried a tag with it. Hope to have pictures up tomorrow. Now a question- why do you draw the faces on phone book paper as opposed to plain? They look neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you do with these ladies ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea using your non-domimate hand- did you know that is an accepted therapy technique. My therapist used it with me to get to get into my pshyce in a whole new way.
    Might give it a try again
    Johnina :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to have so much fun...I hope you share some of them when done. Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you are in Katie Kendricks workshop too.. I signed up but have not done a thing. I am moving in a week! all my art supplies are packed somewhere -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always enjoy gazing at your art and learning from you-Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!