Thursday, September 29, 2011

Unfinished Projects....

Well, here it is several days since my last post and you would probably expect to see a finished painting from the sketch I showed you last time....but you would be wrong! I have painted on that piece but now I've gessoed over parts of it because I didn't like how it was turning out.

I have also gessoed over that one face that I didn't like from a week or so ago....


In the picture behind you can see where I added a bit of gesso to the corner of the eye where it wasn't looking right. She is nowhere near finished but I have some things blocked in. I'll see if I like these pieces better after I work on them some more.

And here is just one small stack of more unfinished projects....


My so called "clean" table looks like this at the moment....


So you can see I've got my hands full of things to do!
Lots of projects to finish and more new ideas
coming along each day!!

************************************
On another subject, as many of you know, I do NOT belong to Facebook. I joined quite some time ago but soon felt uncomfortable on the site and decided to quit. Getting my account completely deleted took some time and effort....they don't make it easy for you to do this which makes me wonder even more about the safety and integrity of the site.

Yesterday Geri had this link on her blog and I decided to put it on here, too. You might have second thoughts about Facebook after reading this article about how they've been tracking you even when you're logged out!! Just thought I'd pass it on in case you're interested.

Now I'm off to work on some unfinished projects!!

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . very interesting about FB - I'll have to check that out, thank you! And I LOVE seeing all your unfinished projects stacked up there - and all those beautiful Golden paints in the back - neatly stacked and waiting to play . . . so much fun, thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are playing with the new Blogger *stuff*. I don't think I'm that brave ... yet! Keep playing! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Janet I did the same and deleted mine (well I think it is gone--must check again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked about the tracking too re facebook.... I'm not sure I like the way they have set it up! I may unjoin mine soon!

    Youre looking so busy with all your art stuff Janet... v productive. I like the way youre brave enough to gesso over stuff youre not happy with... I dont do that, maybe I should!! its a good tip! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all that interesting art piled up. Now I am off to read that post on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. facebook worries me for that exact reason. I am considering closing my account.. but it is one of the ways I keep in contact with my children. why can't life be more simple and people more trustworthy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...you've been busy, Janet! I can't wait to see what you do with the stack on the art table.

    I deactivated my FB account many moons ago as I've never been a huge fan of it anyways. However, I'm not too surprised about the tracking part. There are actually quite a few software programs, not to mention websites other than FB, that do exactly the same thing.

    It's like big brother is constantly watching without our permission. Shame on them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link- I does give me pause to think about being on there. T've just been using it to communicate with my friends (no games and such) but didn't realize the price I was paying.
    Enjoy your progress, I enjoy watching your work unfold
    johnina ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gesso is the BEST! And don't worry -- you know better than anyone, art takes time. Better to take longer and do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet, you have lots in the works. Gesso is a good friend of mine too. I am a bit scared to put all my unfinished pieces in one place. Instead, I like to think of it as a group of pieces, ready to play with at any time, for any mood I am in..lol.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!