Followers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dreaming and Remembering Art Journal Spread....

It's been awhile since I've worked in my art journal. I wish I could be one of those people who religiously work in their journal every single day but sadly I'm not. I go in spurts and streaks. It isn't that I don't think about it; it's more that I just don't do it! Yesterday I did....


This spread began as morning pages.
 I simply emptied out my mind onto the pages 
and then covered over the writing with gesso and paint.


I used a stencil and added some dots. 
I almost always have to have dots.


An image, a few swirls and a stamp with white paint and I was finished. She seemed to be dreaming and remembering the past so I added the words on the other page and called it done.
*****************************************
Now I have a technical question for you. When I go to blogger, choose "edit posts" and click on one of my posts to view it, there are usually a bunch of  "links to this post." You have to scroll down through the comments and then at the bottom of the page are the "links to this post" section. What does this mean? I've clicked through to several of the ones listed and none of them have mentioned anything about my post. And they seem to be the same ones over and over on different posts. Can anyone explain to me what is happening with this?

10 comments:

  1. i am not great with computers but my understanding is that someone talked about your post and link you to give you credit (like pinterest or in tumbler) and how wonderful is that!
    i love dots and circles the most too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been faithful to doing a journal for awhile, I want ot but it just doesn't happen. Bazaar is Saturday, my tags are done and boxed, so maybe I will settle into doing my journal. I do not have an answer, I am having a problem commenting on some of the blogs I have had forever. Have a sweet Wed, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. ?????? You know me, It is a miracle that I can even get a post done, my best guess, ALIENS !
    Love the journal page, this kind of art is probably one of my most favorite. (bought shoes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. shawn2:17 PM

    Beautiful pages! I like the dreamy image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pages too... I am a 'dotty' person too oh and spirals too! that face looks so dreamy... hmm wish I could do a bit more art recently but nothing seems to be coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Janet, love the dreamy look of the whole page.
    I have often wondered the same thing when I am editing my posts but haven't really found a way for them not to appear. I used to go through and delete them all but it takes too long now so I just let them sit there. sorry i am no help
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry Janet, but technical magic is not one of my skills so I can't say anything about that. What I can say is that your spread looks great. I especially like what you did to that face, and the whole expression spreads dreamtime. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you combined morning pages with your art, such pretty pages. I don't use blogger so I can't answer your question, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet,
    Love these pages~the colours, the design and of course the dots.lol

    Hm, Sorry, I'm of no use either when it comes to blogging questions.
    Have a great weekend,
    Creative hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what that means, unless it means you are listed on someone's blog roll or something. Or if I link to your post from mine for whatever reason. If you find out, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!