Thursday, October 27, 2011

Food For Thought Thursday #2

Here it is again; time for the second Food For Thought Thursday (FFTT)....Wednesday is not the best day in the week for me to photograph the food I eat since it's usually the day HB and I run our errands and do our grocery shopping....and yesterday was no exception.

I did'nt eat any breakfast yesterday morning so we decided to have lunch at a restaurant owned by a friend of ours. It just happens to be very close to one of the stores where we shop so it was perfect.


The photo above is very close to what I ate. I would say that 99% of the time I eat vegetarian with the occasional meal of turkey or fish. Yesterday I had a turkey, avocado, lettuce and tomato sandwich on a croissant. It came with a small dish of pasta salad that I traded with HB for his slice of watermelon....yum! I ate almost the entire sandwich before I remembered I should have taken a photo of it for today. So I found a photo online that was pretty close....my sandwich did not include bacon and I think it's in the photo.

After all the shopping was finished and I was back home I "grazed" most of the evening. I don't like eating big meals. I had a banana, a couple of rice cakes with peanut butter (my favorite snack), some grapes, and a cup of my faux coffee. Last week several people asked me about the coffee drink.

I buy Roma Kaffree at my local health food store. It's just like instant coffee but it's made with several roasted grains including chicory. I drink it both hot and cold like an iced coffee.

So that's my food for thought for today. I hope you'll pop over to Robin's blog and check out what everyone else had to eat and maybe join in with us. Not only is it fun but it's a good way to keep track of what you're eating.

18 comments:

  1. I was just here and musta just missed you. This looks yummy and now I am hungry. It's 12:30 and I'm still in my jammies, since I'm off work today and nobody home but me and Ms. Wee. If I come over, can you make me a sammich like that? ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Janet now I am hungry! I ate my way through our vacation and now I must pay for my indiscretions, big time... :-) I must look up Antelope Valley, was I close to where you live????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!! I know what you mean - that's Tuesday in our house - the day we eat whatever we can as the next day I shop ;) (And I'm a veggie too ;)
    Thank you for your sweet comment and I hope you have a great Thursday, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet sounds like a lovely lunch with your hubby! Don't feel tied to Wednesdays, you can document any eating you do for us...it's just fun to see what other peeps are ingesting at any given meal. I'm so glad you're playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good and yours with avocado sounds really great. I would have added the bacon myself, even though I don't eat much meat. I love bacon.. One of the gals at Whole Foods wears an "I love bacon" pin..and I always try to get her to give it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your faux coffee sounds interesting, you are a healthy eater Janet, your sandwich must have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delish! I love avocado and am so happy that we are getting avocados on our trees. Nice post Janet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds wonderful! I love to eat out with my HB too. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from FFTT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy. I would totally eat that way if I was on my own. Unfortunately I like to make sure the kids eat well nightly. My love is shared by cooking meals during the week.Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't think i want to see what i'm eating in print. although it might not be a bad idea. the sandwich looks yummy. i must try the roma kaffee. my grandmother use to drink something similar, she loved coffee but it didn't love her. me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do need to keep track of what i eat for sure, or look since i seem to get fat by looking too -te-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. shawn2:14 PM

    Looks yummy! I too eat almost totally vegetarian going towards vegan (for my health) But I do have fish sometimes, because when you're married to a fisherman...
    Maybe I'll have to check out that blog too- sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm 99% vegetarian with maybe 1% fish...no other meats though. That pickle in the pic has my mouth watering. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Youve just given me an idea - to have the faux coffee I recently discovered cold when it gets v hot here in summer.... hmm... I never thought of that! do you make it with cold water? how do you make iced coffee I am new to cofee drinking!
    my faux coffee also has chicory in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sandwich looks lovely even if it isn't the actual one that you ate. I like to graze too. I am glad you had a nice day,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for replying to my iced coffee Q~!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet...Sandwiches can't be beat, in my book! The sandwich looks yummy even if it's not the one you ate...That coffee drink sounds great but I'd probably never give up my coffee. Hubs had a doctor appointment so we ate out...I hope you have a good weekend!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. That croissant looks delicious Janet. i love a fresh salad
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!