Followers

Thursday, November 03, 2011

AEDM #3 and FFTT....lots of Abbreviations

Today is busy! It's the third day of AEDM and it's also Food For Thought Thursday. Be sure to stop by and see what everyone else is eating!

This past week I learned about a farmer's market that has been started in the next town over from where we live. We checked it out and found lots of produce, fresh breads, and a few booths with arts/crafts.


Plus I saw something new to me....

They look like little miniature brown apples. I asked about them and the girl told me they are Chinese apples. Here's a photo to show their size....


That's a quarter beside it. They're very small! They have a sweet taste and are light and a bit fluffy inside. Have you ever eaten them? I'd never even heard of them.

I bought some leafy greens, too, 
so I could use them in my green smoothies....


I have one almost every day. This one was made with pineapple juice, a banana, a pear, an apple, and a couple of handfuls of greens. YUM!
*************************************************

Now for a tiny bit of art for today....and I do mean tiny! I have some very small ( 3" square) canvases so I just quickly painted a little face on one of them. I may do some more art later today but for now this is it.


I didn't spend much time on this so don't look too closely at her! She looks a little sad and bedraggled! There seem to be some really odd characters lurking in my brain just waiting to come out!

13 comments:

  1. I think your little lady is lovely, Janet!

    How neat that the Farmer's market had so much to offer. I've heard of Chinese apples but have never tasted them. Your smoothie looks delicious!

    See you tomorrow,

    Serena xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks lovely, and I have never saw the chinese apples before,, they are a very pretty color. I have had to start a new blog I would love for you to follow me at my new one. I left a trail to it from my old one,, have a super duper thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen those little chinese apples before. Your smoothie sounds healthy and yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with FFTT! Hopefully so more wonderful people will join us soon! Your Thrinchie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your girl, there's something about her slim neck and the wide collar that appeals to me. So tender in some way.

    Chinese apples....I've never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the smoothie sounds good except for the greens, (lol) love your girl, say amen to quirky

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a cute face you painted. And I've never seen these little apples! You're a healthy eater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet...you are lucky to have a farmer's market nearby. I've never heard of those apples...we have been enjoying Honey Crisp apples. I have a half every day with my yogurt. We are both eating healthy, aren't we? Ha! Your little lady is adorable!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. shawn3:09 PM

    Hi Janet! I like green smoothies too! And I LOVE the tiny painting!!
    Do you paint her hair and around her eyes with a brush or use something else? The lines are SOOO tiny. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your tiny painting, and to be honest Ive never heard or seen apples like that before! wow something new everyday here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New things for me today, tiny canvas, tiny apples and greens in a fruit smootie. What kind of greens did you use, did you use them for the taste or for the nutrition?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to come by and say hello and check out your blog. I have enjoyed my visit very much. I don't think I knew about these apples either and my son is an artist, too. I loved your art work. Thanks for your visits to me and I appreciate your comments. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Food and art ...can't be beat! Really like your little girl, but I'm not sure about the green smoothie!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a Sunday farmers market like that near us and I love how fresh the produce is and it lasts much longer than if you get it at the supermarket. I haven't seen those apples before but they sound tasty, just like your smoothie, Have you tried coconut oil in it? It is so good for you and gives such a tropical taste.
    I am loving the faces that are coming out of your brain Janet, they are so full of unique personalities
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!