Sunday, November 06, 2011

AEDM Continues - Day 6

Thanks to everyone who commented on yesterday's journal spread and the stencil. I don't have anything that exciting for you today.

I had a single page in my art journal leftover from a few days ago. I have mostly been doing two-page spreads recently so doing a single page seemed odd but here it is....


I've had this image of the older woman for quite some time. Yesterday I was cleaning out a lot of my magazine clippings (my first assignment in this class) and I came across her....remembering that I had that single page with green in the background I thought she would fit perfectly.


I plopped her down, added some journaling and a bit of washi tape (LOVE that stuff!) and called it done.
***************************************
It's a rainy, chilly day here today so I will most likely be in the studio most of the day. I'm sure there will be more art done later on.

I hope the sun is shining where you are and that you enjoy your Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome granny to go with your page. :) no sun for us either. :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome image! You brightened up my gloomy day and made me smile! Your 'groovy granny' goes beautifully on that background. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, she suits your journal page perfectly! Grannies can be chic and trendy too ~

    Nice page, Janet....love the green and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the page ... granny is great! I bet Sharon's class will be wonderful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is great. Granny seem to pop out of nowhere. Love it.
    We have summer temperatures and everything seems to be turned upside down. Otherwise we have been celebrating handymans birthday today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is a very hip older woman just like us, nice page very cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss yesterdays post, but I love this. I am so behind on doing a journal. I seem to be just lazy about crafting of anything right now. It felt really good to do the Lizzie collage and I thought that would get me started...Happy Fall Dear Friend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet...I'm late getting around today... I agree with Lee...she's hip just like us :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna be a hip granny too someday - this is inspiring! Love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your granny Janet, she is so funky and full of spunk. Fun page
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great clipping choice for this journal page wonderful that you never stop taking classes and learning! you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun granny image - she looks pretty hip!
    Even though it stopped raining a day or two ago, with the wind and shorter days, it still feels pretty chilly here. Not complaining though - it makes for a good excuse to stay inside and create.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!